Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question TV Replacement

Need to replace my albatross TV's. Are there any types of TV's to not purchase because of cold weather storage?

Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #2

No, pretty much any of the current ones on the market will be fine. I try to stay with name brands such as Toshiba & Samsung. First choice being Toshiba, as they don't change the physical size of the monitor very often, so if it does fail while under warranty or afterwards replacement isn't difficult.

In all the TV's we've changed out over the years (lots & lots of them) only ever had a couple give issues. And that was in the beginning when flat panels were still a novelty.

Pick what works best for your application, if changing the bedroom also - try to stick with one manufacture so same remote can work either tv. (For when one gets lost)

Jim
Infinity Coach
InfinityJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:50 AM   #3

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Plasma is usually not a good choice for RVs. Other than that, they are all good to go.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Any types of TV's not to purchase... Well, LG,, Let me explain. LG stands for Lucky Goldstar, USed to be just Goldstar, but now it's Lucky Goldstar,, If you are LUCKY a Goldstar may work.. My expierence:

Computer monitors (I used to work in a computer store) Most returned under warranty item in the store.

Microwave #1, Full time job office,, NO START or COOK button, you set the timer closed the door, it came on,, Removed your popcorn, closed the door, it came on, caught fire and had to be extinguished, Thankfully someone was fast with an extinguisher

Microwave #2, My motor home, Turntable drive motor shaft too short causing turntable not to work, Modified by replacing motor with a GE part, longer shaft, different material, now works fine

VCR: Zenith: Would not pull tape properly (Brand new) replaced with Panasonic and later with DVR, DVR cost less than repair on the Zenith, Zenith used to mean quality, today it's owned by LG..

Digital TV converter, Insignia (repainted Zenith by LG) freezes if you do not change channels often enough requiring you unplug it count to five and plug back in.

No, I do not like LG products, Feel they are LOUSY GOODS.

VIZO.. only TV I have seen without a signal strength meter (Some models)

Any TV without a signal strength meter would go on my "Do not buy" list unless you have an alternate meter (Sensar Pro for example)

Other considerations....

When I bought my new Main Flat Screen I measured the width of my old CRT and found one (DYNEX) that was EXACTLY and I mean EXACTLY the same width.. That's what I am watching as I type this.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Plasma is old technology. The new stuff is LED and is the best way to go. Pick one that you like the picture best on. We just happened to go with Samsung.

Never heard of any problems with LG, never hear of Dynex. If you can't get it in a local box store I wouldn't buy it.
dons2346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace, replacement