Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #1

I read a post "somewhere" about a gadget from Radio Shack (I think) that allows the tv sound to be transmitted to the FM dash radio, so the sound can be heard from multiple speakers throughout the coach. IF anyone knows what this device is called, or where it can be purchased, please reply. Thanks, ED
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 PM   #2

I read a post "somewhere" about a gadget from Radio Shack (I think) that allows the tv sound to be transmitted to the FM dash radio, so the sound can be heard from multiple speakers throughout the coach. IF anyone knows what this device is called, or where it can be purchased, please reply. Thanks, ED
Old 08-09-2005, 10:15 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
You might try here. I think this is the type of gadget your looking for. I have the 2nd on down. Works very well. Runs on batterys but also has a 12 volt input.

http://www.belkin.com/config/Search/SearchResults.asp?v...ID=1&search=tunecast
Old 08-10-2005, 07:23 AM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Ed,
I got the iRock at Radio Shack. It is the same type of transmitter Logthumper mentioned. It was $19.99 in '03. I believe it has been upgraded to allow use of an external power source unlike mine that just take 2 AAA batteries.
SteveB
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 09:29 AM   #5

Logthumper & Steve B : THANK you both. That looks like the kind of thing I want. I appreciate your responses. ED
Old 08-10-2005, 07:45 PM   #6

UPDATE: Before I could go to a store and spend $$ on the "gadget", I learned that Newmar has already hard-wired the TV sound to the dash radio. See my thread in the Newmar Owner's section here on iRV2.com IF you need more info. ED
Old 08-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #7

I hardwired my 4 speakers to my stereo amplifier, also a subwoofer and two center speakers. The Yamaha Amp has DSP surrond sound. You can choose from several different effects: Jazz club, concert hall, movie theater one and two, Rock concert. It is really a nice setup, better than anything I had at home.

David/zetron
zetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 02:57 PM   #8

How do you hook that gadget to the tv? I have a low end Toshiba tv with no head phone jack and no audio outputs.
tyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:20 AM   #9

Hads anyone found a device that will convert Line Level outputs, such as out of a Satellite Receiver, to a signal that can be received by a FM receiver? Different level than from headphone jacks. Thanks.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:24 PM   #10

Answered my own question. The Digital FM Transmitter by C. Crane Co. connects to any headphone jack or Line Out jack and transmits to any FM receiver up to 70'. I'll use mine to extend my satellite receiver sound (music channels) from my Dish receiver to a portable radio or boom box outside the RV. Ccrane.com or smarthome.com and others.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote