Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #1

TV switch box

I bought a used Newmar Motorhome and most of the connections for the AVS200 Smart Source switch box were not connected. The connections from the switch box to the 3 tvís are there but nothing else. Can anyone help me with this. My biggest problem is how to connect my TV antenna and Dish coaxial cables to the box as the box only has AV connections. Also how do I connect the main TV up to the Sony box to get my sound out of the sound system in the motorhome rather then just the TV speakers. Any help will be appreciated. Please see attached pictures.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3955.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	179048Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3957.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	601.6 KB
ID:	179049Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	179050Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3959.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	179051

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #2

Check Amazon for AV to Coax cable. What type of Radio do you as my old Jenson have input to add TV sound

Old 10-07-2017, 08:29 PM   #3

https://riverparkinc.com/wp-content/...s200hd-pid.pdf
Old 10-07-2017, 09:04 PM   #4

Newmar has the av wiring diagrams for their coaches. I have a 2010 Dutchstar and they emailed them to me.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:51 PM   #5

TV switch box

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsses View Post

Saw this but doesn't explain much on what to use to connect coax to back of box.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by billandkaren View Post
Newmar has the av wiring diagrams for their coaches. I have a 2010 Dutchstar and they emailed them to me.

I sent a email to Newmar so we will see what they have to say, thanks.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:57 PM   #7

Quote:

It should connect to the Sony digital audio/video control center but not sure how.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #8

TV switch box

My setup has 4 Tv's a surround sound receiver, dish receiver and the AVS 200 switch box. I have no hdmi cables only component cables. My OTA cable and dish cable connect to the dish receiver and from there to the AVS box with component cables. The DVD connects to the AVS with component cables also. My 4 Tv's are connected to the AVS box with component cables where it is marked Tv 1 Tv 2 etc. I hope this helps.

My OTA coax out goes to a splitter and then to the 4 Tv's
Old 10-08-2017, 10:52 PM   #9

Quote:
My setup has 4 Tv's a surround sound receiver, dish receiver and the AVS 200 switch box. I have no hdmi cables only component cables. My OTA cable and dish cable connect to the dish receiver and from there to the AVS box with component cables. The DVD connects to the AVS with component cables also. My 4 Tv's are connected to the AVS box with component cables where it is marked Tv 1 Tv 2 etc. I hope this helps.

Don't know why your full reply didn't show up but when I went to reply I was able to read the rest, thanks.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:01 PM   #10

Sorry. I keep editing it. Oops
Old 10-17-2017, 01:03 AM   #11

Quote:

My OTA coax out goes to a splitter and then to the 4 Tv's

Thanks for your help. Newmar did send me a wiring diagram. Between the two of you I was able to get everything hooked up.

Tags
switch