Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #1

Ubiquiti Aircube connected to home network?

I have done a search and can not find a solution that hits me in the forehead!

I have the David Bott set up for Wifi. M2 nanostation and an Aircube. It worked fine on the road where ever there was no splash page. I have the single connection to the AirCube as the Access \Point.

When I came home I thought it would be easy. Search the SSID and home network would show up password and all good

The home network is not selectable and all other networks around me are?

I have checked my NightHawk AC2400 setting to make sure they are broadcasting. I have no blocking of sites.

Suggestions? I'm sure the solution is obvious for the well informed and knowledgeable.

Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2019, 08:06 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Really not much a point to use your cube at home. The nanostation will just find your home network and report it to you. What would be the point?
Be sure all your devices are connected to the aircube properly. Check IP addresses and such.
Here is a good video on it.....
egwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 09:18 PM   #3

I have the air cube setup as a Wifi spot in my Motorhome. I have then used the antenna to locate wifi sources and have connected to them on the road.

When I get home I want my wifi spot to be the same name as when on the road. All TV and devices inside can act the same as when on the road.

The router inside my home is what I’m trying to connect using the Nanostation and the cube.

The router is visible but can not be connected to as I would if I was in a camp ground.
Old 10-25-2019, 05:45 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

The connection should work the same as when you're on the road.

If your home network shows up in the connection list, but you are not able to select it, it could be an issue of 2.4ghz .vs 5ghz networks. Your home network might only be transmitting on a network that the aircube can't connect. For example, I have the first edition of David's system and I cannot connect to a 5ghz network...only to 2.4ghz. If there's a nearby 5ghz network, it will show up on the list of networks, but grayed out for connection.

If I'm not mistaken, when you try to find a network to connect to, it will tell you whether it's a 5 or 2.4 ghz network. You might check that on you connection screen.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 06:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
The connection should work the same as when you're on the road.

If your home network shows up in the connection list, but you are not able to select it, it could be an issue of 2.4ghz .vs 5ghz networks. Your home network might only be transmitting on a network that the aircube can't connect. For example, I have the first edition of David's system and I cannot connect to a 5ghz network...only to 2.4ghz. If there's a nearby 5ghz network, it will show up on the list of networks, but grayed out for connection.

If I'm not mistaken, when you try to find a network to connect to, it will tell you whether it's a 5 or 2.4 ghz network. You might check that on you connection screen.
Thanks for the idea. I only see my 2.4 broadcast and not my 5 ghz broadcast. The circle that should show up beside the connection is not there. The circle is there in various other connections in the neighborhood.
Old 10-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Thanks for the idea. I only see my 2.4 broadcast and not my 5 ghz broadcast. The circle that should show up beside the connection is not there. The circle is there in various other connections in the neighborhood.
ok...I think you've eliminated any problems with the Ubiquity system. You should probably concentrate your efforts on your home router/modem.

Is it possible you've run out of IP addresses on the home router ?? You can check this by finding out the IP starting and ending point. Maybe you have reached the maximum you have set on the home router. Remember that all devices that access the router get an IP address, so you might have more connections than you realize. For example, I have a lots of smart home tech...Smart TV's, Thermostat, 3 Alexas, etc., etc., etc. Therefore, I end up with more than 20 devices connected to the home router. It's an easy fix, if that's the problem.
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 10-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Q View Post
ok...I think you've eliminated any problems with the Ubiquity system. You should probably concentrate your efforts on your home router/modem.

Is it possible you've run out of IP addresses on the home router ?? You can check this by finding out the IP starting and ending point. Maybe you have reached the maximum you have set on the home router. Remember that all devices that access the router get an IP address, so you might have more connections than you realize. For example, I have a lots of smart home tech...Smart TV's, Thermostat, 3 Alexas, etc., etc., etc. Therefore, I end up with more than 20 devices connected to the home router. It's an easy fix, if that's the problem.
I looked at the list and there is about 10-12. The IP address list range is from 2 to 254.

Thanks
Old 10-25-2019, 09:48 AM   #8

Unplugged the nano Station (reboot) and all works? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-25-2019, 10:52 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best solution.

Glad you got it going
2016 Jeep Cherokee
Old 11-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
I have done a search and can not find a solution that hits me in the forehead!

I have the David Bott set up for Wifi. M2 nanostation and an Aircube. It worked fine on the road where ever there was no splash page. I have the single connection to the AirCube as the Access \Point.

When I came home I thought it would be easy. Search the SSID and home network would show up password and all good

The home network is not selectable and all other networks around me are?

I have checked my NightHawk AC2400 setting to make sure they are broadcasting. I have no blocking of sites.

Suggestions? I'm sure the solution is obvious for the well informed and knowledgeable.

Thanks
I ran into the same problem while mooch docking at a friend's home for a couple weeks and immediately suspected the friend's cable modem was blocking that type of connection. Looked at her bill and it showed she has been paying $7 month rental since day 1 and has purchased the modem many, many times. I asked if she was willing to buy a modem to save $7/month and she was all for it.
I contacted her provider and they did not sell the modems, but allowed the customer to do that on their own. Checked Amazon, found moderate feature Motorola cable modem that was approved for Xfinity, ordered it and replaced her modem. There was a call required to customer support to provision the new modem. My friend returned the original modem for credit and the Ubiquiti connected without issue to her home network.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:28 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiSmuggs View Post
I ran into the same problem while mooch docking at a friend's home for a couple weeks and immediately suspected the friend's cable modem was blocking that type of connection. Looked at her bill and it showed she has been paying $7 month rental since day 1 and has purchased the modem many, many times. I asked if she was willing to buy a modem to save $7/month and she was all for it.
I contacted her provider and they did not sell the modems, but allowed the customer to do that on their own. Checked Amazon, found moderate feature Motorola cable modem that was approved for Xfinity, ordered it and replaced her modem. There was a call required to customer support to provision the new modem. My friend returned the original modem for credit and the Ubiquiti connected without issue to her home network.
I rebooted the antenna and it worked. Wow who would have thought......

Tags
air