Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2018, 06:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Upgrade dash Radio

Atoto A6
I purchased the ATOTO A6 to replace the ageing AM/FM/CD radio in my 2000 H.R. Ambassador motor home with intentions of modernizing the sound system to something similar to the Chevrolet MY LINK radio system in my 2015 Silverado and 2018 Traverse.
The center dash area where the old radio was required replacement of a new wood panel for the larger DIN 2 opening. It fit nicely so if you want to update your motor home and have room this is a great choice. The installation was fairly simple connecting the various well marked wires. The GPS and WIFI antennas required pulling the wires inside of the dash compartment and up into the overhead. The rear view camera wiring was more difficult running through the basement compartments. I also purchased the Steering Wheel Control which works well. Overall the installation was not very difficult only requiring some time and well worth the time I spent installing. I wish the GPS and WIFI wire leads had been a foot or two longer but I made them work. The backup camera required purchasing an additional wire for the length required.
Much to my surprise the GPS received a very strong signal even with the RV inside a steel building. The Google maps work identical to my Samsung Android phone so that was easy to learn. The microphone within the Google maps works well on a command to find an address and give routing directions with turn by turn voice directions.
The SD/TF memory card and USB inputs work great. The only problem I found was when I ripped all the music from my old CDs using Microsoft Windows Media Player. The Media Player program saved the music in the WMA format and the A6 would not read them. I solved this problem by converting them to mp3 format. No need to carry a bunch of CDs anymore!
The WIFI and browser works very well also however the keyboard is a bit small for my fingers. I purchased a stylus pin from Amizon and I recommend it with the touch screen. I have down loaded several apps without a hitch. . You will need to have a internet connection. I had a Verizon router in my RV already but I also tried it with a hotspot on my cell phone.
The phone works well with the touch screen and the Bluetooth pairs easily with all for contacts and with the apps on the phone such as the music programs on the phone.
The operation of the unit with the Android operating system was fairly easy to startup. I found the AM and FM radio work very nice with very good sound even with the old motor homes factory speakers.
Atoto recommends the download and installation of the ”HOUND” app. and the ‘Hound It “ widget in order to make voice commands of the unit. This app works well to make and receive phone calls or text messages. I have found that I must touch the Hound IT icon on the screen to wake it when I am listening to the radio in order to perform these tasks . Also the microphone button on the SWC button dose not wake it up or interacts with Hound app or it’s widget. Plan on spending some time learning this app as I did and it works good. I only wish Atoto had installed and setup this app at the factory
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180628_113635.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	212021  
jpweber is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2018, 11:26 AM   #2

Upgrade Dash Radio

Nice write-up. thank you
Old 07-24-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Good job!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, holiday rambler, radio, upgrade