Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 01:44 PM   #1

Verizon 12gb Bonus w/ $100 18gb Data Plan

Just called Verizon to verify something on my recent bill and the Customer Service Rep said I qualified for an bonus additional 12gb of data since I had a data plan of $100 or higher. I took the offer. My 2 year contract with Verizon recently expired on Mar 4th, so perhaps this is a way that Verizon is trying to keep me as a customer. I have the 18gb plan (before discount price is $100) so adding the 12gb to it gives me 30gb! We use our phones as hot spots so this is certainly welcomed. I had no prior notice of this bonus, so just in case it is open to all and you have a data plan of $100 or more, you might want to call Verizon (*611 from your phone) to see if you can get the 12gb bonus as well.
Milehghcty is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2016, 12:11 AM   #2

Hmm. I've upped my data plan too 30gigs a month on my Jetpack 😩😢 Don't have a payment on my rig, but my Verizon bill is like a car payment...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 04:16 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
Hmm. I've upped my data plan too 30gigs a month on my Jetpack 😩😢 Don't have a payment on my rig, but my Verizon bill is like a car payment...

1996 Country Coach Intrigue 😜
Tell me about it!

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:21 AM   #4

Data is expensive ... but over the last couple of years because of competition from AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, etc ... Verizon is getting more competitive and seems to offer more data for the same price. Hopefully this will continue to happen and just hope that one of the big 4 doesn't buy out another major company thus getting more control over the airways which will equate to less competition and higher prices for us consumers!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #5

I have a Verizon MiFi device and recently learned that I could only shut off the device for two months rather than the 6 months I'd been using.
If you're a "snowbird" this stinks since I don't need the device when I'm up North and who wants to pay for 4 months of no usage so goodbye Verizon.

Mike
Old 03-18-2016, 10:40 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
They do the upgrade offers on packages and phones etc... so they can get people off the grandfathered in plans... How they got a lot of people off the unlimited data plans.

it's never something for nothing
Old 03-18-2016, 07:57 PM   #7

I chatted with a rep and she said the deal is only for folks who have $100 of ACCESS charges, not data charges. This made a difference for me as I did not qualify.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #8

Guess I used the wrong term ... Access instead of data. Sorry about that. Since I'm on the $100-18gb plan guess that is why it worked for me.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:44 PM   #9

AT&T did the same thing for us last year. They called me and told me we were eligible to go from 16gb to 32gb for the same price since I was "such a loyal customer"! Also any unused data will get carried over for one month. This worked perfectly for us as.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #10

When I added a modem to my Verizon plan and bought 10 gigs for $80/mo they kicked 10 gigs extra per month at no charge for a year. No idea why but I didn't complain.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:27 PM   #11

My granddaughter got us a smart phone for Christmas so she and other family members can keep in touch when we travel, we are grandfathered into her (Sprint) plan, unlimited talk, text and data for $ 45.00 a month. We had At&t for years with our flip phone for 34.99 for 200 min. and 1000 any time mins. which we never used. I figure this is a much better deal. Getting the hang of the smart phone now and really liking all the different info and things we can find with it. I thought I would never like having one but once you get the basics down it's not to hard.

Tags
verizon