Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Verizon Plans - I was WRONG!

If you signed up for the More of Everything (MoE) plan and change from it to an "old" plan...you loose it.

I can't seem to find the thread to resurrect it but....

Back in about September or October Verizon promoted a "More of Everything" plan which basically doubled the data for a given price. At the time I thought I understood the plan and didn't think it was a one time event. I even said that somewhere.

Well...WRONG!

I signed up for the 30GB MoE plan and today was going to change it to 40GB MoE plan for the rest of this month then go back to 30GB. The MoE plans are no longer available.

The good news is that if I actually use as much as 40GB with my current plan with overages is the same as if I had the "old" 40GB plan now.

Here is the math (not counting access fees or any discounts)...

30GB MoE base is $150/Mo
10GB overage is $15/GB, total $150.
40GB total coast $300

The old 40GB plan is $300/mo.

Because of my discount I could actually go 11GB over and still be cheaper than go with the old 40GB plan.

Anyway...change plans with care.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Annie quick - get me a pen and the calendar... lol...

Thanks for the update Don. I am still mulling my decision to swith the millenicom to full Verizon. The new Verizon seems to burn data faster than the old and without a speed increase that I can document???
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #3

I finally dumped Verizon and switched to AT&T after another bait and switch on their web site regarding upgrading phones. I even emailed the CEO who had an assistant call me to no avail. Basically, they are so big they don't care even though we've been customers for years. I'll see if AT&T treats their customers any better. I wonder when companies will realize that it is cheaper to keep old customers than gain new ones.
padre44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
laj

Verizon Plans - I was WRONG!

nope, neither one cares about old customers or new ones once they have you signed on the bottom line. they offer new customers what the old ones cant get. i just keep switching back and forth to get the new incentives. give them the same loyalty as they give me. both services are sub. standard so it doesnt matter who your with. just go for the best deal for you.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Regardless...I am staying with Verizon. Why?

I got real tired of the big AT&T holes we kept running into. If it were not for that, I would have stayed with AT&T. There have been many more examples of having good Verizon service where folks with AT&T were having poor or none.

If all things were equal then AT&T might be the way to go purely based on cost. They currently charge the same for 40GB as Verizon's MoE 30GB plan.

My current opinion is Verizon is better than AT&T when roaming around a lot. YMMV
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for this post. I also have 30 gig but not using 10. I guess I will just stay with it. Good information.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Glad that for once I was proactive. I signed up for the "More Everything" plan when they had their "half price" sale, just about the time this topic was getting hot. Ended up with 10 more gig, unlimited text, where we had none, and unlimited talk, all for about a net $75 per month less than the combined costs of our old Verizon plan plus Millenicom.

Every time I'm on the Verizon site and click on anything, plans, new phones, anything, a message pops up warning me of the possible consequences of making changes.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
150 to 300$ a month !

I sure hope Verizon coverage is as good as people say it is!

I'll stick to my 70$ unlimited plan with T-Mobile and live with the spotty reception!
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by padre44 View Post
I finally dumped Verizon and switched to AT&T after another bait and switch on their web site regarding upgrading phones. I even emailed the CEO who had an assistant call me to no avail. Basically, they are so big they don't care even though we've been customers for years. I'll see if AT&T treats their customers any better. I wonder when companies will realize that it is cheaper to keep old customers than gain new ones.

Sorry but AT&T treats their customers like crap also. Made a credit card payment, they lost it and turned off phone for lack of payment 😡😡 FAX them a copy of my credit card statement showing charge and they reply "incomplete data" and refused to credit my account. I was a customer for over 8 yrs 😡 Quit them the next month... All cell companies suck..😡
UncleBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #10

I have att iphones and a verizon hot spot. Verizon wins the coverage battle hands down. So If you really need coverage and a nose then stay with Verizon.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:50 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBilly View Post
Sorry but AT&T treats their customers like crap also. Made a credit card payment, they lost it and turned off phone for lack of payment 😡😡 FAX them a copy of my credit card statement showing charge and they reply "incomplete data" and refused to credit my account. I was a customer for over 8 yrs 😡 Quit them the next month... All cell companies suck..😡
It seems at some point profits become the number one priority and all else goes to poop.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 07:10 AM   #12

Sprint no better

Had Sprint for many years. New people received mass reductions on new phones while we renewed and payed much more. Paid for 4G service for several years then were told it was not for 4G, which we had to drive for two hours to find 4G.
Each month I went in and paid the bill asking when we would get 4G and was told "soon". We are now with Verizon and have a corporate store in town, found they do not follow what we were told they would do since we ordered online instead of going to them. So now wonder what kind of store service we can expect while traveling. I do have 4G service but not at the house just have to go down the street.
King Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
I have att iphones and a verizon hot spot. Verizon wins the coverage battle hands down. So If you really need coverage and a nose then stay with Verizon.

X2

Jeff
2001 Dynasty Regent tag axle
Cummins 350 8.3 ISC
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 05:10 PM   #14

I liked Verizon but wanted a Nexus 5 phone without bloatware and unbranded. If V would allow me to bring that phone in, I would jump right back to them but for now, my real only choice is ATT.
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
verizon