Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #15

Question Signal Strength ??

So the question I don't see answered here is ?? What should the signal strength be ? On a scale of 0 to 120 on the receiver, the 40 I have is on the low side to me. Do I need to figure out why this is not higher or not ?

The other question, is this a problem with the DISH receiver or the KingDome dish ? Is there a software problem with the 211K which is locking up on the switch test or because the dish doesn't have a strong enough signal to get the data from the satellite ?

Need to figure all this out so that I can get the receiver replaced or start working towards a new dish.

Thanks
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #16
rex

Monaco Owners Club
OK, you may need to program the King Dome to receive Dish signals. King Dome comes set for DirecTV, not Dish. It will receive either one when programed properly. First you need to know which King Dome you have and then download instructions for setting it to Dish. I also have the automatic King Dome. Pushing the button starts in in search motion. It will sometimes lock onto a signal that is not correct. I then push the button again and it continues till it finds the correct signal.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I had the same problem today, on phone with Dish and King Dome for about 5 hours, still not working. RV is under warranty so campworld is looking at it. I don't have much faith in them or Dish. Finally Dish just told me they could not help any more. Campworld thinks its a bad dish, so we contact King Dome on Monday and check it out. I thought it was going to be simple, just plug and play, WRONG!!!
smack2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #18

So I had the same initial issues with my in motion kingdome and dish. After an hour of nothing I called and got nowhere too. I asked for a manager as the rep couldn't understand I was in a MH! The supervisor said let me get you to our RV experts. She gave me another number to call and this guy had it all functioning in less than thirty minutes. Call Dish and ask for the RV department! Also, Kingdome offers an upgrade for older units to the new standard for $400. I have no issues with mine at all other than it periodically freezes, unplugging the kingdome control for a moment cures that.
Razzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
So I had the same initial issues with my in motion kingdome and dish. After an hour of nothing I called and got nowhere too. I asked for a manager as the rep couldn't understand I was in a MH! The supervisor said let me get you to our RV experts. She gave me another number to call and this guy had it all functioning in less than thirty minutes. Call Dish and ask for the RV department! Also, Kingdome offers an upgrade for older units to the new standard for $400. I have no issues with mine at all other than it periodically freezes, unplugging the kingdome control for a moment cures that.
I will try again today.

I think my owners manual from Winnebago might have a typo. The Winnebago owners manual says to push the toggle 4 times to program the King Dome to Dish network. The manual online from King Dome says 20 times. Maybe that is my problem. I will give that a try today. I do not have a separate manual for the King Dome.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #20

Go to Kingcontrols.com and select Kingdom then on the right side of the page I believe you can download the entire manual
Old 04-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzman View Post
Go to Kingcontrols.com and select Kingdom then on the right side of the page I believe you can download the entire manual
Thanks, I will take it with me on my iPad.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I got my system working finally. I get 110 and 119, but not 129. I'm in central Ca. I sent King Dome a message to see if they can help. I am getting HD on 110 and 119. The tech picked dish 500 on the receiver set up, maybe that's the problem. I won't be able to go back to Moho until late Monday.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #23

Now that's ironic, I'm in Central Cal as well. I don't get 129 either as mine is an older (2006) model Kingdome and they cannot see three sats, hence the reason for the upgrade which I haven't done yet. If they get yours working let us know!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:36 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I gave up on our King Dome and purchased the Tailgater. Now if we are under a tree canopy I can set the Tailgater where it has a clear shot at the satellites.
Easy to set up.

Tailgater Satellite Dish - Portable HDTV Antenna - PPL Motor Homes

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #25

Cool Surprise !!

I got a call from King Done yesterday, out of the blue ! He had seen this thread, and wanted to help if possible !! We talked and he gave me a couple of things to try. I though that was good business !! See where we get in a few days, got other things working right now.
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:21 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts View Post
I got a call from King Done yesterday, out of the blue ! He had seen this thread, and wanted to help if possible !! We talked and he gave me a couple of things to try. I though that was good business !! See where we get in a few days, got other things working right now.
That's good service. I sent them a message on their website. I hope they respond and can help.