RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #1

Weboost Drive-X Antenna

Hey All,

I'm writing here prior to calling Weboost directly asking the same as they may try to sell me a new antenna that may help their sales but maybe not my situation.

I've got the 4" antenna that was shipped with the unit installed and working but have encountered my first location in 4000 miles where I truly need the capabilities.

That said I'm wondering if upgrading the antenna will help as we are barely receiving much of a signal. We're on the Pacific coast surrounded by National/State Forest and on the ocean side of the mountains (going 3 miles gets us full bars).

Do I gain any advantage over a larger/taller antenna? What would you suggest?

I understand that all areas will be different and was waiting until I encountered a "bad reception" area to really work on this. My service is currently with AT&T and have considered having to get at least some service with Verizon if I continue to go to areas not as well serviced by them. I'm a full time "work from home" worker so a phone and internet connection are absolutely required.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2017, 10:57 AM   #2

I have the same. I found that my metal ground plane was not large enough and had to make and install a larger one. I don't remember the numbers but the travel antenna is rated with a higher db gain.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #3

Thanks for confirmation on the ground plane. I too believe that mine is too small and have plans to increase the size at my brothers in a couple of weeks. I currently have a 4"x4" plate and plan to go to at least 10x10.

Tags
antenna