Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2018, 04:36 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Where is my roof satellite coax connection

On my last coach there was a coax connection for a roof top satellite antenna.

On this coach i see none on the roof. My winegard switching box (bomb, box with many buttons) has coax to it for satellite and cable. That sat cable is comming from somewhere. I have been using the wet bay cable connection for the Dish tailgater.

We are about to go to a campground for a month with free local cable and would like to use that and dish.

I think i remember someone saying they can hide it in a vent???
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I can give you a quick way of doing both on the same cable. What you will need is two, 2-way signal splitters with one port DC passive and the other not. These are available at most big box hardware stores; just be sure that only one port is DC passive; that is very important. The port that is DC passive will have a line drawn on the splitter label from that port to the common input port At the bay end connect your satellite dish to the DC passive port and the cable to your switch box to the input port. Connect the park cable to the non-DC passing port. At the opposite end use the second splitter the same way; connect the DC passing port to the satellite input port of the box and the non-DC passing port to the cable input of your switch box. The common input is the cable input from the service bay. The entire idea here is that you keep the satellite power out of the park and your interior cable tv inputs. Hope this helps.

Tags
roof, satellite