Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #15

We have been using the Bear WiFi Extender for a few years with good results, they have a later generation one now. It does only work with one computer at a time. We always get more bars using it connecting to a public hotspot and often get connectivity when otherwise we would not have any. It is a indoor unit and the maximum signal strength usually happens when the antenna is next to a window, so a longer USB cord is helpful- https://www.bearifi.com/products/bea...r-new-for-2015

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2017, 12:56 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
We use the Jefa Tech WiFi XR System. Under $200 & works great.

Old 09-18-2017, 08:38 AM   #17

Check out the video on this forum by David Bott. For less the $100 you can put together a booster system that will give you full bars in your coach. But as stated earlier it will only give you what the park wifi system will supply. Depending upon the park it can be great or terrible. The park I'm in right now has OK wifi but without my booster it was only two bars and sometimes would drop the wifi if I turned the wrong way. With the booster I set the antenna in a spot that gets the best signal and log my iPad into the mini router and get a constant full bar signal anywhere in the coach. Doesn't make it any faster but no turning sideways to get a better signal.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:48 AM   #18

where did you order it from?
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijon View Post
where did you order it from?
Not sure of what you are referring to.
This is the system many have added for boosting a wifi signal.
This unit provides the connection to the campground wifi.
https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Nano...words=ubiquiti
And this connects to the above to provide your own network inside RV.
https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Nano...QZ279CHHG63CHD

A google search for "Private Wifi under $100" will help in setup.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #20

TVP the WeBoost Drive 4gX is the best current model for cellular boosting. If you aren't restricted on overall height then the Trucker antenna has had the best reported coverage. If you have a tall coach then even the short stubby antenna works well when attached to a ground plane (metal base, 12"x12").
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 04:34 PM   #21

Wifi booster system

The Ubiquiti system is what I have. Very easy to assemble and setup if you pay close attention to the video David Bott made. Works as advertised.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arricejr View Post
In my opinion why spend four to $700 on extending when you can get a wireless air card for $35 to 45 my friend who's a trucker put me on with this and I've been using mine for the last six months to stream movies and handle all my Internet needs it even has a guest option ..constant 4G speed and doesn't lose signal while I'm going down the road it just simply works and I pay 50 bucks a month unlimited gigs in fact mine has a permanent place in my coach and stays plugged in and since it's basically works like a cell phone you always have signal even in tough areas and you have the option to use the carrier that you want Attachment 175351

Interesting...

Where did you find an unlimited data plan? Do they throttle you back after a certain limit? (My AT&T plan throttles back at 10 gigs). We can't stream video because of the limit.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a Mobley AT&T Connected Car hotspot. which is throttled above 20GB..+/- $20 unlimited plan.

We still use our Alfa R36 setup. It IS the coaches central connecting point. So our three smart tv's, two iPad, two smartphones, wireless printer, two security cameras...all attach to it. It is portable....can be connected to a 16db gain yagi antenna. Directed to our local Mobley hotspot, campground hotspot, or any WiFi within line of sight.

I am so glad we DO NOT have a "WiFi ranger" or the latest winegard device.
Old 09-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
We use the Jefa Tech WiFi XR System. Under $200 & works great.
Is it hard to setup?
Old 09-25-2017, 05:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post
I have a Mobley AT&T Connected Car hotspot. which is throttled above 20GB..+/- $20 unlimited plan.

I am so glad we DO NOT have a "WiFi ranger" or the latest winegard device.

WiFi Ranger, Winegard; Why not?
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Martin View Post

I know this may be like beating the dead horse but it’s “may be” throttled. I as have many users, have never had my data stream slowed down. Just posting in case anyone can find one of the devices and sees this post and gets the wrong idea.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #27

Wifi booster system

I have the ATT Mobley with unlimited data plan. I also have the WeBoost system which picks up and amplifies any available ATT signal. The WeBoost antenna is attached to the top of the rear metal ladder and the coax runs across the roof and down into a cabinet above the main TV in our Bounder. The interior WeBoost antenna sits right next to the Mobley so it always gets the strongest cellular signal.

We also have the WifiRanger. It's dual SkyPro antenna is mounted to the roof and it's cable runs down into the same cabinet with the WeBoost amplifier's antenna and the Mobley. Although campgrounds may have poor or overloaded WiFi signals, the external WifiRanger SkyPro antenna has picked up reliable signals from other hotspots, like the Denny's located over a mile away from my home.

I like the WifiRanger because I can choose either the USB tethered ATT Mobley for cellular data, or a local WiFi hotspot (whichever is strongest and fastest). Plus the WiFiRanger provides a strong Wifi signal throughout my RV and outside too with WPA2 security when connecting to public hotspots, and no limit on the number of connected devices.

Works very well for us.