Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2016, 01:10 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
WiFiRanger Go2 & Verizon AC79​1L

Hello experts! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some hardware, but before doing so I wanted to check to see if anyone is running this combination:

WiFiRanger Go2 tethered via USB to a Verizon AC79​1L JetPack/MiFi device.

I know the Go2 will work with the Verizon 6620L Jetpack but I would like to have the upgraded AC791L as it supports external antennas. I checked with WiFiRanger Support and unfortunately they haven't tested this combination, but was hoping for input from one of you who may have tested this.
W0GER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #2

W0GER-

Can't help you with that combinations. I have a Go2 and a Verizon MHS291L JetPack. The MHS291L accepts external antennas, although I haven't seen fit to buy any.

I normally run a PepWave Surf SOHO instead of the Go2, by personal preference after testing almost two years ago. I have not updated the software on the Go2, and I understand it has improved since my testing. Don't get me wrong- the Go2 is a nice unit, but I was able to configure the PepWave software more to my liking (two years ago, that is).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 02:41 PM   #3

I am currently writing the post from a WifiRanger Mini tethered to a AC791L. It definitely is compatible with the WiFi ranger firmware, its just ethernet over USB so it acts just like it does over wifi getting a 192.168.x.x address and you can still access the AC791L admin page.

I won't say it's 100% reliable as it has issues off and on requiring a reboot of the jetpack or mini, but I think it may be related to the mini usb plug patch cold to the WFR mini which the GO2 wouldn't need.

I am currently debating moving over to something more robust like a PepWave Max BR1 because having 2 routers (3 counting my sky2 on the roof) all trying to work together seamlessly does not seem to be very solid vs a integrated mobile device with matched cellular modem designed for rugged use, but it does work just as it does with the other jetpacks.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:17 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by W0GER View Post
Hello experts! I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some hardware, but before doing so I wanted to check to see if anyone is running this combination:

WiFiRanger Go2 tethered via USB to a Verizon AC79​1L JetPack/MiFi device.

I know the Go2 will work with the Verizon 6620L Jetpack but I would like to have the upgraded AC791L as it supports external antennas. I checked with WiFiRanger Support and unfortunately they haven't tested this combination, but was hoping for input from one of you who may have tested this.
I used my AC791L with my Go2 last week. It worked fine depending on park wifi.good luck.
NumberThree1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ajwrape, thanks for confirming that the combination works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrell View Post
I am currently debating moving over to something more robust like a PepWave Max BR1 because having 2 routers (3 counting my sky2 on the roof) all trying to work together seamlessly does not seem to be very solid vs a integrated mobile device with matched cellular modem designed for rugged use, but it does work just as it does with the other jetpacks.
Mark & jharrell thanks for the additional input on the PepWave Max BR1. I considered that as well, but my concern was that any future changes in cellular technology could require buying a new $500+ PepWave unit vs a $200 Jetpack.
W0GER is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
verizon