Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Wilson Electronics

Over the last several years, I have purchased and used several Wilson Electronics products for cell phone signal increase. On a few occasions I had a question concerning product use. On each occasion after the conversations with technical support, I was always impressed with that support. Today I had such a question and was once again treated as a valuable customer.
Roger L. Woebbecke
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's good to hear. I've used several of their products and have been very satisfied.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Good to hear that Wilson customer service is there if needed. Yep... Smart phone sitting in the Wilson cradle goes from one bar to five and gives you internet any where. Old tech people with smart tech toys!
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
That is good to know. I keep looking at the Wilson Sleek. I just have not decided to buy yet. Thanks for the good report.
pg87111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Update

OK, so I like to Dink Around. And when we travel and when we camp, we avoid cities and head for the Wide Open Spaces, the Boon Docks, the Toolies. I like to say “Were heading to Broken Knee Montana”

Over the years I have used several Wilson Electronics products in an effort to increase cell phone signals. The best success was with the Wilson Direct Connect 3 Watt Cellular Amplifier, Trucker Antenna and cell phone with an external antenna port. A great system. But cell phones with an external antenna port just are no longer available, at least not on an iPhone. Of course, Verizon is a must when your out in the Toolies.

I am now again grinning from ear to ear.

Yesterday I installed the Wilson Wireless cell phone signal Booster kit #801212. Although I have lots of antenna stuff laying around, the kit comes complete with magnetic mount outside antenna, the signal booster, 12v power supply and inside antenna. Everything in one package, so I installed the complete package as is.

For testing fun, I installed the inside antenna (a very small flat panel) under the motor home table, that’s where we use the computers and iPads (after running some test, that’s where it will stay), set the magnetic mount outside antenna on a small tin candy container (inside the motor home) and turned on the power.

WOW, iPhone went from a -106db (like crap) to a -62db (like close to a cell tower). That’s with the iPhone laying on the table. Setting around the table and holding the iPhone, the iPhone held a solid -72db.

Verizon, my iPhone, the Hot Spot feature, and the Wilson Booster makes a great package.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Wilson 801212 Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit

That baby ain't cheap but if it does the job it's worth every penny.

Thanks for the post, I'm always interested in signal boosters but wouldn't spend this much unless I knew it worked, so thanks for spending the dough.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote