Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #1

BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM   #2

BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:41 PM   #3

I e-mailed Synet, who sells the Windy 31. My question was would it work with my particular AirCard, an Option GT Max. Not one of your most popular cards, but one that meets my requirements. Their answer was they had not tested their product with this card, but it would probably work because it was supposed to. Really. So go ahead and buy it, if it doesn't work, send it back. No mention of "this is a card we may have overlooked, we plan to test it and we will let you know." Maybe they meant "buy one, test it for us, and let Us know what You think." Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about doing business with this company.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #4

Food for thought. Thanks.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Bill,
The Windy31 doesn't know or care how you make your internet connection and knows nothing about cellular data cards. It is simply a wifi access point that shares whatever resources your computer has over the wireless LAN.

The point is, it is independent of your data card and unaffected by it.

I myself have a Windy31 and a relatively unknown Franklin CDU 680 data card. They work fine together.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #6

As I understand it, use of the Windy 31 requires one computer up and accessing the network thru a data card. Additional computers could access this "host" computer thru the Windy 31. I have been looking for wireless access from a computer to a unit that would contain the data card, connected to the network. Ie, a router.