Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Winegard

Hi everyone:
On my last trip we lost our satellite dish and band selector at the same time, the green light on the winegard switch and the red light on the left side of the band selector went out and will not come on. The red light is for power boost for the tv antenna. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?
Thank you in advance,
Al Edwards
2004 infinity
aedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2014, 04:18 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Check for power for the TV antenna booster. You may have lost 12 vdc. Check for fuse in the Battery control center.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:45 AM   #3

If you have an Inverter, check that you did not tirp the breaker on it. We were using an Inverter receptacle one time and put too much of a load on it and tripped the breaker. It basically shut down power to all our electronic stuff, tv's stereo, satallite ect. I checked the breaker box and all breakers and fuses were good. Just by chance I looked at the actual inverter and there was a small breaker on the side that had been tripped. Pushed it back in and everything worked again.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Inverter

Thanks for the feedback. This is a 12v problem, but some of the 12v works.
Today I looked for the 12v fuse box which my book said in should be next to the 110v fuse box, but it was not there. Guess i will have to contact Four Winds to fine ware they installed it.
Thanx again,
Al Edwards
aedwards is offline   Reply With Quote