Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Winegard Minimax

I've got a 2003 Southwind and I just bought the Winegard RoadTrip Minimax. I've yet to install it, but my concern is with the height. My AC unit measures 14" in height and the Minimax is 15.9". There isn't that much of a difference, but I'm concerned that it might be too tall.

Has anyone installed one of these on their class A MH's? If so, do you have any height issues with it?

Thanks,

Tommy
tommycrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You say the A/C is 14" nd the mini max is 15.9.

What is the "height above ground" for the top of the A/C.. If it's under 12'8" (And it should be) you should not have any issues,, Just remember the RV is now 2 inches taller. b
Old 08-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Thanks "wa8yxm", I'll measure 12' 1" when the dome is installed. Looking forward to HD in the MH!
tommycrossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Commercial Member

If you believe height will be an issue, we have a newer model RoadTrip called the RoadTrip Mission which is 12.9" tall.
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #5

Question for Winegard RE: Dish Network

I have had Directv for many years and have been generally pleased. However, I am interested in the fact that DISH can apparently provide HD programming using both the rooftop Winegard In-Motion and the portable carry out model dishes--I have both.

Can these dishes provide HD coverage with DISH receivers assuming I pay for the HD option and, is the HD for life $99 option available for the Pay As You Go option?

If it is, does it apply to 2nd and/or 3rd receivers?

Thanks

We are in the process of trading our 2007 Phaeton for a new 2011 Allegro Bus that is prewired for HD throughout.
Jpdunc9251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #6

The DN pay as you go plan is available only with the use of one single VIP 211K. There are no mirroring options or options for other receivers.
You are correct that the current dome antennas can all receive the DN HD programming assuming you have a clear view to all 3 satellites at 110, 119 and either 129 or 61.5 (for HD).
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #7

Thanks for the quick response. The non-mirroring is a deal killer for me. Guess I will stick with DIRECTV for the motorhome and live without HD.
Jpdunc9251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #8

You can mirror on a standard DN account just as you can with DirecTV. You just need to sign up for a standard DN account and not the PAYG plan.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #9
Commercial Member

You actually can add multiple 211k receivers to your Pay-As-You-Go account. I believe you can have up to 3 per account and each additional after the first has an additional $7/month fee.

The $99 HD for life charge would cover all 3 receivers.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #10

Thanks for that update Andy. I apparently misunderstood that part of the plan.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by winegard
You actually can add multiple 211k receivers to your Pay-As-You-Go account. I believe you can have up to 3 per account and each additional after the first has an additional $7/month fee.

The $99 HD for life charge would cover all 3 receivers.
I purchased a DISH VIP211k receiver today to use with my Winegard Carryout dish and then wasted the afternoon between Winegard activation service--the auto system did not recognize my receiver number and referred me to my dealer who referred me to the DISH 800 number.

Talk about a frustrating afternoon. I was transferred at least five times trying to find the "RV" person and finally when I got someone and advised that I was a new customer. He then said somewhat apologetically that I would have to call a TN number, which turned out to be the dealer from whom I bought my receiver.

So...what is the proper contact. Can Winegard not activate a receiver purchased at a non camping store?

Help!
Old 08-30-2011, 07:10 AM   #12
Commercial Member

Both DISH Network and DIRECTV allow retailers to activate receivers purchased through that specific retailer. If a receiver does not originate from us we are unable to do anything with that receiver.

We try to be as much of a one-stop-shop as possible for RV consumers but we are limited in some aspects by the provider.