RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #1

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Winegard RM-9946 dish help

Ordered the MH with this unit installed in 2002. Haven't had satellite TV till last year and just now getting around to setting it up in the MH.

Connected my TV from in the house directly to the DirectTV box, not through the MH wiring and the TV is one I use in the stick house. Just trying to eliminate variables. Direct receiver box is connected directly to the dish cable.

It seems to work fine, rotates and elevates fine, the GPS seems to work but it can't find any satellites.

I replaced the LNB just in case, no change.

I tried manually setting it but I guess I don't know enough about it.
I'm a newbie at this, but have an engineering background.

I know the dish is an old model and no parts are available, hoping someone has an idea.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Good morning Mr_D,

I would recommend calling Winegard Technical Services at 800-788-4417. They can walk you through the setup and troubleshoot any issues you may be having.

Thanks and enjoy your satellite antenna!

winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
OK, I'll try that. Last time I got tired of waiting in the que.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #4

Leave a message, and they will call you back.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:08 AM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Leave a message, and they will call you back.
That is correct. We actually do not use a phone que. You either get a live technician or leave a message. Our call back times are typically in the 20 minute range but in times before a big camping weekend it can be quite a bit longer.
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #6

Go into your DirecTV setup and determine which dish your receiver is calling for. Then determine which dish is on the coach. Change your setup to match the dish on the coach. But, by all means, make sure you have a clear "shot" of the satellite. This can be roughly determined by going into your setup and putting in your zip code in the proper location in the program. once you have done this then ascertain if your satellite signal is being blocked. A $2.95 Boy Scout compass from Wal-Mart will help you determine direction.
NITEHAWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:41 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I called tech support, and true to form I had to leave a call back number. In abour 20 min (as was stated) I got a call back. The tech listened to what I had done and what the outcome was and said the only two things it could be are no 12V+ voltage at the LNB or a bad cable. Over the Memorial Day weekend between showers I went up and checked. I had about 13.5V.
Today at the Albany FMCA rally I went to hook up the satellite box and the cable turned where it connected to the MH wiring. When I went to tighten it, the fitting came off!! All this time and trouble and it was a bad crimp on one end of a jumper cable!!
It's working just fine, a little fuzzy but I think cleaning the moss off the antenna may cure it.
Thanks everyone!!