Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Winegard Roadtrip SD need receiver????

Hi everybody I have a question. I recently bought a 2012 Newmar Ventana and it had a Winegard Roadtrip SD satellite antenna on top but no receiver. Now before I go buy a receiver I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me which ones will work. I was going to go buy the new Dish VIP211z HD receiver but then I read some people said that it didn't work on their antenna so that got me worried. I don't want to buy a receiver and not have it work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Keith
toyzforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2015, 07:58 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
The 211Z needs to have it's initial setup done on a fixed dish. It does not seem to like to be setup on a dome although there are people who claim to know how to do it. Once it is setup, then everything is fine.

On the dome side of things, it has to be set to the proper service. There are DIP switches under the dome's cover that are used to set it. You can find the manual on Winegards website.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 04:41 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I finally got a reply back from wine gard and they said it would work fine so I guess I am going to buy one. Thanks for the replies
Old 05-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #4

Can't remember all the procedures and not near the coach. I bought the 211z and it worked with my Winegard dome but I did have to reset the dip switches as it was configured for Direct. I also could not get to the tv with HDMI cable so ended up with a converter box to change the signal to coax.

2005 Country Coach Inspire, C9 CAT
Old 05-28-2015, 07:11 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Finally sent email to Wingard and they replied stating the 211z would work so I bought one but just haven't hooked it up yet. Thanks everyone
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #6

Freightliner Owners Club
let us know how it turns out. Most of the time people giving advise do not know if their suggestions worked or not
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzforme View Post
Hi everybody I have a question. I recently bought a 2012 Newmar Ventana and it had a Winegard Roadtrip SD satellite antenna on top but no receiver. Now before I go buy a receiver I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me which ones will work. I was going to go buy the new Dish VIP211z HD receiver but then I read some people said that it didn't work on their antenna so that got me worried. I don't want to buy a receiver and not have it work. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Keith
I was going to post almost the same thing. My used coach came with the same antenna, on the switch plate is a decal saying pre-set for direct TV but can be changed to Dish and I already have Dish and like their off-on service. But I could only find the set up manual for this Direct TV or Dish Sat antenna on their site and there is no mention on how to convert one to the other. I had bought a previous antenna from Winegard which was preset to Direct TV and I could never get it to work on my Dish receiver which was the one recommended for the antenna I had purchased.

Has anyone converted this antenna that is pre set for Direct TV to Dish? And if so, are the dip switches up on the roof or behind the on off plate inside of the coach? And did you find any info on doing this on the Winegard site or do you have to call them?

Thanks...
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 11:14 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Pilot View Post
Has anyone converted this antenna that is pre set for Direct TV to Dish? And if so, are the dip switches up on the roof or behind the on off plate inside of the coach? And did you find any info on doing this on the Winegard site or do you have to call them?

Thanks...

The dip switches are located under the plastic dome on the roof. Follow the coax wires into the antenna, there you will find a square box that has a opening in it. In that opening are the 8 dip switches that have to be set for DISH. Since you are in Florida I would suggest the Eastern Arc setting on page 10 of the attached manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Roadtrip Mission Manual.pdf (979.0 KB, 200 views)
Old 05-29-2015, 03:06 PM   #9

Thanks Krob, I could not find that manual on their website.
Sky Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:53 PM   #10

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I don't know what the dip switches are set to as there were two remotes in the coach, one for dish and the other direct tv.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzforme View Post
I don't know what the dip switches are set to as there were two remotes in the coach, one for dish and the other direct tv.
The dip switches are on the satellite on the roof, not on the remotes
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:00 AM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by camato5 View Post
The dip switches are on the satellite on the roof, not on the remotes
LOL I know where the dip switches are I just haven't had time to crawl up there and find out what system they are set to. I have the manual for the satellite so I know how to check. Thanks for the reply anyways.