Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Winegard Tralv'ler AZ motor stalled

I had a Winegard Trav'ler installed in Oct. 2016. I had it up and running the last 3 months in AZ. When I went to stow it I got a AZ motor stalled. I had to put it down manually. This was on April 7, 2018. I went to my next RV park I went to deploy it and got the same message.
I called Winegard explained what happened. They are going to send me a new turret that I have read that it is a easy to install to my next location.
They Winegard people that I spoke with were very helpful and a plesure to work with.

2008 Siena W-22, Banks, rear Trac Bar, Koni shocks, 2014 Honda CRV toad.
JFreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreitas View Post
I had a Winegard Trav'ler installed in Oct. 2016. I had it up and running the last 3 months in AZ. When I went to stow it I got a AZ motor stalled. I had to put it down manually. This was on April 7, 2018. I went to my next RV park I went to deploy it and got the same message.
I called Winegard explained what happened. They are going to send me a new turret that I have read that it is a easy to install to my next location.
They Winegard people that I spoke with were very helpful and a plesure to work with.
WOW!! Wineguard must have had a complete reversal of attitude and repair philosophy. In the past, just contacting them has been a 2-4 hour wait on the phone, and even after you got them they were completely unhelpful. About the best I could ever get was to have them read me an elevation recalibration menu. If that didn't solve my problem, they wanted me to remove the antenna from the RV and send it back to them. At that point, they'd tell you if it was even repairable. Absolutely no troubleshooting over the phone.

Anyone else contacted the help line recently? And what help did you get? I'm having a stow problem right now (and have run the recal menu a dozen times) and am looking at having to pull the antenna apart. If they'll just be a little helpful on the phone, it would sure help.

Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #3

All I have ever gotten out of them is " ship it to us for repair" . Of coirse they dont tell you its a thousald dollars once you pay the outrageous shipping charges
450Donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:08 PM   #4

A AZ motor failure means the turret is junk. You can only fix that problem by replacing the turret. A EL motor failure you can reprogram to get the dish to stow.
We had to replace a dish once for the AZ motor problem and occasionally have to reprogram our dish for the EL motor issue. But that only happens when its left up for weeks or we try to stow it soon after a rain storm. I think more of that problem happens because wind moves it slightly around. But that's just a guess.
As far as there CS. I have not called them in some time. But I have noticed recently that they are responding to emails much quicker. Last year it took some days to get a response. This week I have emailed them twice and received a reply in less than an hour.
Bpeter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:31 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
When I called Winegard I must of got lucky I didn't have a long wait. The CS was in training and told me that he would be asking his trainer questions and to bear with him. In about 10 minutes they asked me to send in a proof of purchase and gave me the email to send it to and they needed a credit card on file to ensure that I send them back the old turret. They are paying shipping both ways. I should get the new one this Saturday when I get to my next stop. So far they have been great dealing with.

2008 Siena W-22, Banks, rear Trac Bar, Koni shocks, 2014 Honda CRV toad.
JFreitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 PM   #6

I had a No LNB Voltage fault 2 weeks ago. I called Winegard support and left a message for a call back. They called me back within 10 minutes and had me install a jumper coax from the turrent to the LNB. That fixed the problem and even though I am out of warranty they sent me a new coax free which I received within 48 hours. I have noticed an improvement in customer support from several business lately.
I called Direct TV last week to cancel my service. The service rep was very nice and informed me I still had 5 months left on my 2 year contract and cancelling now would cost me $20 a month, $100. I told him I would wait until my contract runs out. He told me I "Qualified" for a $20 a month REDUCTION in my bill with NO extension of my contract. I know they did this to keep me as a customer but I will be switching to Dish in August.
redcolorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #7

Well, no change at Winegard. Maybe the above sweetness and light was because the units were still under warranty. I called around noon today and left my number. They did call me in just a few minutes, but when I told them about the problems with it stowing, their response was to send it in. My 3005 was out of date and they don't sell parts. When I asked if they still HAD parts, I got a tap dance and the "Send it back to us and we'll look at it" again. The lady I was talking to was quite obnoxious. Winegard standard still.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigman1 View Post
Well, no change at Winegard. Maybe the above sweetness and light was because the units were still under warranty. I called around noon today and left my number. They did call me in just a few minutes, but when I told them about the problems with it stowing, their response was to send it in. My 3005 was out of date and they don't sell parts. When I asked if they still HAD parts, I got a tap dance and the "Send it back to us and we'll look at it" again. The lady I was talking to was quite obnoxious. Winegard standard still.
Put an RFMogul antenna on instead of the Winegard, you'll have a more harmonious outcome. Much better system.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
Put an RFMogul antenna on instead of the Winegard, you'll have a more harmonious outcome. Much better system.
Thank you for the suggestion. I was just on the phone to them and they're sending me a bunch of info. Not only that, PARTS ARE INDIVIDUALLY REPLACEABLE. Sounds good so far. Thanks again for the hint.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. I was just on the phone to them and they're sending me a bunch of info. Not only that, PARTS ARE INDIVIDUALLY REPLACEABLE. Sounds good so far. Thanks again for the hint.
And if you do not want to do it yourself, R F Mogul has a network of dealers around the country that will perform any repairs needed, Winegard does not.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
And if you do not want to do it yourself, R F Mogul has a network of dealers around the country that will perform any repairs needed, Winegard does not.
And they have great customer service.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:39 PM   #12

I had to send my turret in for service last month for what turned out to be a broken internal wire and they were awesome to deal with on the phone with maybe a 5 min wait on the phone for troubleshooting end and then the removal of it. It was gone maybe 3 wks total and it appears as if they sent me a new turret to because it looked brand new with no marks anywhere and the holes had no marks of screws ever being in them. Everything part of it looked brand new and the bill with shipping to me in MA was $297. I'm totally satisfied with how they handled everything from start to finish with me.
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
I had to send my turret in for service last month for what turned out to be a broken internal wire and they were awesome to deal with on the phone with maybe a 5 min wait on the phone for troubleshooting end and then the removal of it. It was gone maybe 3 wks total and it appears as if they sent me a new turret to because it looked brand new with no marks anywhere and the holes had no marks of screws ever being in them. Everything part of it looked brand new and the bill with shipping to me in MA was $297. I'm totally satisfied with how they handled everything from start to finish with me.
Definitely not my experience with Winegard 4 days ago. I've solved my problem, however. I ordered an RF Mogul yesterday. I'm completely done with Winegard. I didn't have a single problem with Winegard, but the same obnoxious attitude, complete lack of information, and and the continuing "We've got it, you need it, send money and shut up" attitude over the past 8 years. This was also the attitude I found from the Winegard rep at the Hershey show 5 years ago. Just stick a fork in me.... I'm done!
Old 04-17-2018, 06:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Definitely not my experience with Winegard 4 days ago. I've solved my problem, however. I ordered an RF Mogul yesterday. I'm completely done with Winegard. I didn't have a single problem with Winegard, but the same obnoxious attitude, complete lack of information, and and the continuing "We've got it, you need it, send money and shut up" attitude over the past 8 years. This was also the attitude I found from the Winegard rep at the Hershey show 5 years ago. Just stick a fork in me.... I'm done!
I'm sure you'll like it.

Tags
led