RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2019, 04:08 PM   #1

Winegard travler won’t lock onto 61.5?

I’m in St Augustine FL and the Winegard travler won’t lock onto 61.5. We’ve been using the western satellites (110, 119, 129) but there’s a tree blocking those and clear sky for 61.5. Travler searched for 30 minutes or more, never stowed the dish on it’s own. I turned the wingard box off, unplugged and back on, tried searching again now for 30 minutes. display says “searching 61….” “peaking…” “Sat ID 61..” then goes back to “searching 61…”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	268373  

mrome54369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrome54369 View Post
I’m in St Augustine FL and the Winegard travler won’t lock onto 61.5. We’ve been using the western satellites (110, 119, 129) but there’s a tree blocking those and clear sky for 61.5. Travler searched for 30 minutes or more, never stowed the dish on it’s own. I turned the winegard box off, unplugged and back on, tried searching again now for 30 minutes. display says “searching 61….” “peaking…” “Sat ID 61..” then goes back to “searching 61…”
I unplugged the winegard box once the screen showed "Sat ID 61W" and before it went to searching again. Hopper3 shows Satellite 61.5 so it appears to be working, recording shows. If anyone knows a fix to get the winegard to show *61 that will help for the future
thanks
Mike

Old 12-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #3

How old is it? My Travler from 2011-13 always had the same problem. Seems like you discovered the work around quickly. You have to do the same thing for the 72 sat. Occasionally 61 would lock but it was 50-50.
It would be nice if Winegard came out with a fix for their 10 year behind lack of an EA solution. I guess they don't care that most of the east coast locals are on 61.
az99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by az99 View Post
How old is it? My Travler from 2011-13 always had the same problem. Seems like you discovered the work around quickly. You have to do the same thing for the 72 sat. Occasionally 61 would lock but it was 50-50.
It would be nice if Winegard came out with a fix for their 10 year behind lack of an EA solution. I guess they don't care that most of the east coast locals are on 61.
I think it's about the same age. good to hear I'm not the only one with the issue though you're right, would be nice if Winegard would fix it.
thanks
Mike
Old 12-02-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Winegard travler won’t lock onto 61.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrome54369 View Post
I unplugged the winegard box once the screen showed "Sat ID 61W" and before it went to searching again. Hopper3 shows Satellite 61.5 so it appears to be working, recording shows. If anyone knows a fix to get the winegard to show *61 that will help for the future

thanks

Mike

This has been pretty much the SOP for manually tuning. Below is my cheat sheet for tuning sats on the eastern arc.

1. Power On
2. When Screen switches to Powering On press [Enter]
3. Use Select button to select Search Mode
4. Press Enter to go into Search Mode
5. Select Manual Satellite
6. Select 61.5
7. Press Enter
8. Power Off and Back On to manually search for 61.5
9. Once it peaks at 61.5 power off
- Power Off and then Select to just power off box
10. Run CHeck Switch

When in a normal location switch back to mulit-sat and run check switch again.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
This has been pretty much the SOP for manually tuning. Below is my cheat sheet for tuning sats on the eastern arc.

1. Power On
2. When Screen switches to Powering On press [Enter]
3. Use Select button to select Search Mode
4. Press Enter to go into Search Mode
5. Select Manual Satellite
6. Select 61.5
7. Press Enter
8. Power Off and Back On to manually search for 61.5
9. Once it peaks at 61.5 power off
- Power Off and then Select to just power off box
10. Run CHeck Switch

When in a normal location switch back to mulit-sat and run check switch again.
Thanks, I'm adding this to my cheat sheets!
Mike