Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #15

The Winegard control box is all it needs to power on and locate the proper bords. Once it is locked on then and only then does it switch to the SWM power inserter. It can be dead, off, or unplugged and that will not effect the Travlers setup. Like I said previously if the coax between the base and LNB is fine, then either you have a dead board, or a bad connection at the board. To search you will eventually have to take the travler away from the roof and take it apart, checking all the coax connections between the board and LNB and the other connectors.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
The Winegard control box is all it needs to power on and locate the proper bords. Once it is locked on then and only then does it switch to the SWM power inserter. It can be dead, off, or unplugged and that will not effect the Travlers setup. Like I said previously if the coax between the base and LNB is fine, then either you have a dead board, or a bad connection at the board. To search you will eventually have to take the travler away from the roof and take it apart, checking all the coax connections between the board and LNB and the other connectors.
That doesn't sound good. So do I need to pull the TV and check other power supply? Can my dealer who installed it actually do this or does it need to pull from the roof and sent back to Winegard?
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:57 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
It seems to me that if you find power on the coax at the roof you will have validated that the power inserter is working. If not, then you know where to look for the problem.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
It seems to me that if you find power on the coax at the roof you will have validated that the power inserter is working. If not, then you know where to look for the problem.
Just went up the roof in of course the pouring rain but I'm getting power to the coax port that the LNB cable is connected to so I guees that's a good thing. I'd assume that the LNB is bad then? Calling Winegard right now.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:30 PM   #19

If you have a spare LNB swap it in and give it a try. If yours turns out like mine the issue was a coax from the board to the LNB port. Winegard will tell you to try swapping the LNB and the coax between the head and LNB. The short coax to the LNB is a likely first try. But if that does not cure your issue, then its box it up and ship it to Winegard. Expect at minimum 700 dollars plus outbound shipping charges to get it to them. This one is my second major Travler failure since I put thw first one up. I will not spend one more dime on Winegard junk. If you know what your looking at and handy, pull it apart and look. Once you have the turret off the roof you will see a metal cover approx 6x10 held on by some screws. Open it up and look at the board check the coax from the board to port A I think it is, which is the coax connector from turret to LNB. Verify it is not corroded or broken. Thats where my problem ended up.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:36 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
If you have a spare LNB swap it in and give it a try. If yours turns out like mine the issue was a coax from the board to the LNB port. Winegard will tell you to try swapping the LNB and the coax between the head and LNB. The short coax to the LNB is a likely first try. But if that does not cure your issue, then its box it up and ship it to Winegard. Expect at minimum 700 dollars plus outbound shipping charges to get it to them. This one is my second major Travler failure since I put thw first one up. I will not spend one more dime on Winegard junk. If you know what your looking at and handy, pull it apart and look. Once you have the turret off the roof you will see a metal cover approx 6x10 held on by some screws. Open it up and look at the board check the coax from the board to port A I think it is, which is the coax connector from turret to LNB. Verify it is not corroded or broken. Thats where my problem ended up.
If I'm getting power to the LNB port (and I am) wouldn't it be LNB itself?
Old 02-22-2018, 12:38 PM   #21

New LNB is cheap swap it in and se what happens. But first replace the coax between portA and LNB, they do tend to break after a while
Old 02-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
That coax is a known issue at Wingard. I called them when I first got that error and the lady on their end said I needed a new cable without much thought. They sent it and I was back in business as soon as I installed it.
USMCRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:14 PM   #23
Commercial Member

All,

A few notes here - while there is some good information being discussed, there are also some things to note.

No LNB voltage is a error code thrown when our on-board tuner is unable to get a baseline reading from the LNB when the search is initiated. Basically, we have no communication between the LNB and the control board when the unit is turned on. As others have noted, our unit searches with no input from the receivers - everything is done on-board. There are four potential failure points for this - the LNB, the feed arm coax between the LNB and port C of the TRAV'LER, an internal coax that connects the board and the turret, and the board itself.

The feed coax is the most likely of the failure points, but I assure you that it is far from a common or known issue. We troubleshoot in order of most likely failure point based off the data we've collected over the years of manufacturing and selling the systems.

In reality, we see an incredibly low number of failures from TRAV'LER systems. Since the product's launch in 2007, thousands of units have been sold and the vast majority have been incredibly satisfied with the product.

To the original poster, I assure if you continue to work with our technical support team, they will resolve your issue as promptly and painlessly as possible.
winegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by winegard View Post
All,

A few notes here - while there is some good information being discussed, there are also some things to note.

No LNB voltage is a error code thrown when our on-board tuner is unable to get a baseline reading from the LNB when the search is initiated. Basically, we have no communication between the LNB and the control board when the unit is turned on. As others have noted, our unit searches with no input from the receivers - everything is done on-board. There are four potential failure points for this - the LNB, the feed arm coax between the LNB and port C of the TRAV'LER, an internal coax that connects the board and the turret, and the board itself.

The feed coax is the most likely of the failure points, but I assure you that it is far from a common or known issue. We troubleshoot in order of most likely failure point based off the data we've collected over the years of manufacturing and selling the systems.

In reality, we see an incredibly low number of failures from TRAV'LER systems. Since the product's launch in 2007, thousands of units have been sold and the vast majority have been incredibly satisfied with the product.

To the original poster, I assure if you continue to work with our technical support team, they will resolve your issue as promptly and painlessly as possible.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this and for your info on the Trav'ler system and exactly your thoughts on the "No LNB Voltage" error that I'm receiving. I didn't get 21 volts yesterday when I tested the LNB coax port. I got more like 18 but it was pouring and I was getting soaked up there on the roof but I'm assume seeing that I'm getting that high of a reading and after replacing the 5' LNB coax cable the day before that it should be the LNB itself that is at fault here. I have the same system on my house and had faulty LNB few yrs ago that . I ordered the LNB yesterday and it should be here on Monday and DTV replaced in like 5 mins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the problem because I definitely don't want to get involved in the project of having to pull the unit off of my roof and sending it to you guys for service. Thanks again, Mike
Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #25

Well... the new LNB came today and I just swapped it out and I'm still getting the NO LNB Voltage error. I took the TV off of it's mount and found the LNBs power inserter and it's working fine. Took both coax's off and checked and reconnected them. So I've done all the troubleshooting that's in my wheelhouse so I think I'm Fd here...Super bummed :-(
Old 03-18-2018, 10:16 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
Well... the new LNB came today and I just swapped it out and I'm still getting the NO LNB Voltage error. I took the TV off of it's mount and found the LNBs power inserter and it's working fine. Took both coax's off and checked and reconnected them. So I've done all the troubleshooting that's in my wheelhouse so I think I'm Fd here...Super bummed :-(
Downloaded the instructions from Winegard about taking the turret off and had it off in maybe 15 mins and sent it in for service. Based on the repair slip Winegard found a bad wire internally and we just got the unit back on Friday after being gone for roughly 2.5 weeks. We've had some horrible weather here in MA and today is 15 degrees and super windy so I still haven't been able to get it remounted it. The repair was $313 including shipping so that wasn't so bad. I assume that Winegard tests everything and that it's perfectly fine but I want to get remounted and test it myself.
Old 03-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
Downloaded the instructions from Winegard about taking the turret off and had it off in maybe 15 mins and sent it in for service. Based on the repair slip Winegard found a bad wire internally and we just got the unit back on Friday after being gone for roughly 2.5 weeks. We've had some horrible weather here in MA and today is 15 degrees and super windy so I still haven't been able to get it remounted it. The repair was $313 including shipping so that wasn't so bad. I assume that Winegard tests everything and that it's perfectly fine but I want to get remounted and test it myself.

$313? What’s a new one cost?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:46 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedoc View Post
$313? What’s a new one cost?
The whole Trav'ler unit cost $1550 and a complete new turret assembly is $1000.