Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #1

Winegard Travler issue

Hi guys, I just put the Winegard Travler satellite up on our 15 Itasca Solei 36G and it went up and then right down and is saying "No LNB voltage" We haven't used it since Nov 2nd when we had it winterized and it has been working rock solid for 2yrs. Any idea's? Thanks, Mike
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #2

Hey Digger, I found this link that may help you...

No LNB Voltage – Live MoHo!

Hope we don't have this problem in the future.
goatleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatleg View Post
Hey Digger, I found this link that may help you...

No LNB Voltage – Live MoHo!

Hope we don't have this problem in the future.
Thanks for the awesome link. After speaking with Winegard I went up there checked all of the connections (all except the one running up the channel to the LNB) and they were all tight. I took them all off and dielectric greased and reconnected them and still had the same error. I'm heading back up there now with a 5' piece of coax that I just made and I'm going to swap out the one that runs up the arm to the LNB and hopefully that's the one. Thanks again! Mike
Old 02-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #4

To check the cable put what's called a termination cap on one end, then check with an ohm meter at the other end....if you get a reading, from center wire to outside of connector, the cable is fine......the caps come in a bubble pak and Lowes and HD both carry them
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:49 PM   #5

Good luck with your Traveler. Next step is to box it up and send it back to Winegard for repair. Or,

https://rfmogul.com
Old 02-20-2018, 03:36 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Make sure the SWM power inserter power supply is plugged in and if you have voltmeter check to see if you have power on the coax. This supply provides power to the LNB.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #7

Check the barrel connection that is on the base of the dish. Remove the cable and see if it turns. If so try to tighten it.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I had the same message. After reading about all the folks who've had problems, I feared the worst. Turned out that a circuit breaker that powered the Traveler had tripped. I reset the breaker and I was back in business. (I still don't know why the breaker tripped.)
RLH241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLH241 View Post
I had the same message. After reading about all the folks who've had problems, I feared the worst. Turned out that a circuit breaker that powered the Traveler had tripped. I reset the breaker and I was back in business. (I still don't know why the breaker tripped.)

I just swapped out the coax wire that runs up to the LNB and I'm still getting the error and I saw your post and I was hoping that was the case but nope. Just called Winegard like I did yesterday and she said the next step after the wire is to swap out the LNB itself and then after that I'd need to send back the unit because there'd be a problem inside the mount and the don't sell those parts. I'm NOT happy. :-(
Old 02-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The message means the LNB is not powered up. Either the coax is interrupted or the power supply inverter is not working. Find the power inserter it is a black unit with two coax connectors and an AC cable. You can find it by tracing the cable from your receiver it will go from the receiver to a splitter then to the power supply inserter. It might go from the receiver to the power supply inserter then the splitter. Make sure all cables are tight. If you have a voltmeter you can check to make sure there is at least 21 volts DC on the connector that is marked to the dish. You will have no voltage on the connector marked to the receiver. Then check you have the voltage on the coax on the roof.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:11 PM   #11

To seriously check it you need to take it off the roof. Not necessairly down, but you need to access underneath. There you will find several connectors going into and out of the control board. When mine failed that is where Winegard said the problem was. Of course if you dont know what your doing be prepared to fork out between 700 and 1000 dollars for repairs and round trip shipping. Winegard refuses to have even reasonable customer service. Their products are horrible. I have had two major failures over the years costing as much as a RFMogul to have a good dish.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
The message means the LNB is not powered up. Either the coax is interrupted or the power supply inverter is not working. Find the power inserter it is a black unit with two coax connectors and an AC cable. You can find it by tracing the cable from your receiver it will go from the receiver to a splitter then to the power supply inserter. It might go from the receiver to the power supply inserter then the splitter. Make sure all cables are tight. If you have a voltmeter you can check to make sure there is at least 21 volts DC on the connector that is marked to the dish. You will have no voltage on the connector marked to the receiver. Then check you have the voltage on the coax on the roof.
Ok, I'm on that first this morning. The power supply is mounted on the inside of the entertainment center directly behind the Winegard box and the blue light is on so I assume that it's working, correct? I'm going back up on the roof and going to take the coax off of the base until and check the volts to see if the power is getting that far. The base mount is getting power because the dish is going up and then going through the normal searching procedure and then it goes back down and I get the No LNB Voltage error.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are two power supplies. One for the Winegard controller and one for the SWM power inserter. The one with the two coax connectors is the one that powers the LNB. Checking power at the dish end is a good start.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:02 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Postma View Post
There are two power supplies. One for the Winegard controller and one for the SWM power inserter. The one with the two coax connectors is the one that powers the LNB. Checking power at the dish end is a good start.
I've got to take my little guy to school then heading out to do some more troubleshooting. I thought the black box mounted right behind the Winegard unit was it's only power supply. I remember a bunch of stuff being behind the TV that's mounted to the entertainment center above the fireplace and it's a bitch taking it down because you need to pop off a piece of trim above it to get to the screws for the TVs mounting bracket. The other power supply is more than likely back there. I've been wanting to make a locking type of swing out arm for that TV because there's ton of space behind it that's being wasted.