Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2014, 07:33 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Wireless HDMI Adapters

There is a lot of discussion about using wireless HDMI but I can't find any recommendations on actual hardware. Here's my problem: The coach manufacturer ran an HDMI cable from the AV cabinet over the dash, all the way to the back of the living room slide, through the flex assembly into the slide and then up to the TV. Well, tonight I was disconnecting another cable behind the TV and I succeeded in ripping the metal sleeve off the end of the HDMI connector. There is no way I can repair it, and replacing the cable is obviously not an option, so I'm thinking wireless HDMI would be the way to go. Ideally I'd like a system that can accommodate multiple receivers, so I could replace the coax that currently runs to the bedroom and outside TV's. Does anyone have a recommendation on what hardware to use?

Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #2

bruce, i am using an IOGEAR 3DHDKIT to send hdmi signal from front to bedroom, which is picture perfect. this is one-to-one transmission, not exactly what you are looking for, but i know they have other items doing one-to-many thing. you may check their website IOGEAR :: Web TV, Home Entertainment looking for
GWHDMS52MBK4 (this is 1 to 4)
GWHDMS52MBK3 (this is 1 to 3)
GWHDMS52MBK2 (this is 1 to 2)

they may work to your liking.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
There are HDMI cable repair kits available. Google HDMI cable repair. Amazon had some. Maybe you could fix yours?

pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
There are HDMI cable repair kits available. Google HDMI cable repair. Amazon had some. Maybe you could fix yours?

pat
Hi Pat,

Yes, they do make a repair kit. I have a broken HDMI end at the external TV. I bought an HDMI repair kit and spent well over an hour frustrating over the micro surgery of the tiniest of wires! It didn't work for me... not even close. Maybe I got the wrong kit... maybe not... I just found the repair to be extremely difficult to accomplish.

That said, I still have the problem and am glad to come across this post. I hadn't given a wireless option any thought. I certainly check in to it!

cheers,
Joopy
Old 10-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
GUWAVKIT4W6 is $899.95
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This what I have, works very well. More receivers available if you have more than 2 TVs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833996142
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:46 AM   #7

Interesting option. Was very excited until I researched the IOGear price. Definitely not reasonable. Probably cheaper to contract video tech. to attach a new connector.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:25 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
I also use the IOGear wireless HDMI. I tried a couple and found the IOGear to have virtually zero sound delay between front and rear TV's when on the same channel. Not so with the other.
IOGear does go on sale, I paid about $150.

pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:42 AM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscott4 View Post
GUWAVKIT4W6 is $899.95
Those sell for $250-270 all over the web, not sure where you got your pricing!
GUWAVKIT4W6 Iogear Network Wireless 1080p Computer To HD Display Kit Tri-language
Old 10-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by focker View Post
Those sell for $250-270 all over the web, not sure where you got your pricing!
GUWAVKIT4W6 Iogear Network Wireless 1080p Computer To HD Display Kit Tri-language
It's because they are not the same, check out the web site info.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #11
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
This what I have, works very well. More receivers available if you have more than 2 TVs.
Actiontec MyWirelessTV Multi-Room Wireless HD Video Kit MWTV200KIT-01 HDMI Interface - Newegg.com
Yup, I found this one on a Google search. Looks like I'll get one. I also looked at HDMI repair kits, but the microsurgery involved looks way too complicated, with no guarantee of success.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:57 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred and Bonnie View Post
It's because they are not the same, check out the web site info.

Fred
I have looked at the IOGear website and it is that exact model number I am looking at as listed. Note that it is discontinued but also looked at the replacement so I don't understand what is not the same.

IOGEAR - GUWAVKIT4W6 - Wireless 1080p Computer to HD Display Kit , 1 HDMI Output, 1 VGA Output

Now replaced with this: IOGEAR - GUWAVKIT4B - Wireless 1080p Computer to HD Display Kit

Having said that, this would seem to be the perfect product from IOGear for wireless HDMI and is no where near that price either:
IOGEAR - GW3DHDKIT - Wireless HD Digital Kit | Wireless Video Transmitter | Wireless HDMI | Wireless TV | Wireless 3D HDMI

If you could post a link that would help me understand I would appreciate it. I am a tech nerd and usually have a good understanding of things like this but I am confused with the price and that you state they are not the same.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshAir View Post
I also use the IOGear wireless HDMI. I tried a couple and found the IOGear to have virtually zero sound delay between front and rear TV's when on the same channel. Not so with the other.
IOGear does go on sale, I paid about $150.

pat
yea i also paid $150... the reason i preferred iogear to actiontec was that i read so many people complaining the sound latency from actiontec. have been using mine for a year, every time i turn on bedroom tv, the hd signal is right there.

Tags
ada