RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #15

Okay - baseplate has now been installed successfully and I have purchased the wireless lights.

First tow went great and everything worked as I was hoping it would.

Lights were plugged in - after charging the batteries up - and they work great.

So here are the photos of them stuck on rear of van.

Here is a view of the front of van after I installed the baseplate ----- you have to look close to see the little squares that the bar attaches to.

It was tight - so tight that I have to install each hook first, then the pin goes in before I can hook it up because the hook will not fit into the slot after inserting the pin.

Oops - wrong pic - this is the baseplate before reassembly.

Next is the closeup of finished product.

God Bless

Bill

Sepisllib is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
I like these lights. I have used the wired type for years and when they came out with the wireless type I said I wwanted to get them, never have. Are yours still doing good? You have rekindled the my desire to make this purchase.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #17

John

Good to hear from you on the lights.

I just got them last week, painted to match the van, and my very first trip is scheduled for Friday coming back Sunday.

Will let you know then.

I e-mailed them a recommendation that they make an attempt to house the lights in a more suitable container. Teardrop maybe, something more appealing to the eye.

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #18

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Is there a diode kit for the honda? With that (A wired system) you need only fish wires to a point under the dash not all the way to the rear (Which I agree is a pain in the operating system. er no, that is MSIE, A pain in the anatomy, Yup, that's it)

My issues with wireless tow lights are.. How do you know if the batteires need replacement? (I don't know)

They can easily walk off

And they can, in theory, get knocked off or blown off (lost in other words).

Beyond that.. They do work.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Is there a diode kit for the honda? With that (A wired system) you need only fish wires to a point under the dash not all the way to the rear (Which I agree is a pain in the operating system. er no, that is MSIE, A pain in the anatomy, Yup, that's it)

My issues with wireless tow lights are.. How do you know if the batteires need replacement? (I don't know)

They can easily walk off

And they can, in theory, get knocked off or blown off (lost in other words).

Beyond that.. They do work.
I am not aware that the wires, on the Odyssey, need only be fished to an area under the front hood --------

I was NOT ABOUT to go through that again on my Odyssey (what I did for the Caravan, and also the Malibu). That required fishing or figuring out just how to get those wires all the way from front to rear (and now be a hanging obstacle) and then fished up into each of the rear tail light assemblies ----- not doing it again "Period" end of arguement.

So - now I have a light system that will work with nearly toad. Each unit has a rechargable lithium battery inside it and on each charge they say approximately 14 or so hours running time. Once at destination I need only to pull each light off and slip into my little duffel bag until needed once again. If I choose I may pull out the 12 volt plug in charger and plug each light into recharge them. Overnight restores to full charge.

Who knows ---- I may end up hating them, and yes they could possibly be removed by sly hands --- that is true for nearly anything (as there are cases where trouble makers have removed the tow pins from hitches and etc).

Whatever the case - I shall post my information after I have a chance to use them a time or two..

God Bless

Bill
Old 07-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #20

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks good on the Odyssey , nicely out to the side for good visibility. A nice solution for those difficult wiring jobs..
Old 07-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
They sure do look good and I'm glad it all had a happy ending. The trouble with me is I'm such a worry wart I'd be afraid some kid would borrow them while I was in getting lunch. Oh well that's just me and a man has to do what makes him happy. They sure do look great though. Jim
Old 12-31-2015, 07:50 PM   #22

So Bill, how do/did you like the lights you bought? Also what brand? where purchased? cost? Inquiring mind want to know
Engineman3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 10:59 AM   #23

Wireless Lights

I just checked and they are "TowMate" lights.

I bought the complete system along with a carry case.

When using I just plug in the "Transmitter" to the rear 7 pin lighting plug (like on GM trucks) then turn the two magnetic units "on" then position the Left one on left side of van and Right one on the right side.

Have used them one season and gotta say I love them. Issues have been none.

Here is when you may look or buy:

TowMate
Welcome to TowMate - EMERGENCY, TRANSPORT, RECOVERY AND RECREATIONAL LIGHTING.
800-680-4455

The unit I have is the TM3N ---- pair of individual wireless tow lights. They are $395 new.

By the way - I have not been able to use mine for a year now - wife is in Dialysis and I have just undergone my 3rd open heart. My RV'ing days are over.....

Would be willing to sell mine should you wish

Bill Trammell
asgibwt@gmail.com
515-883-0165
Old 01-03-2016, 02:32 PM   #24

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
This Tow Mate light bar isn't listed on their web site, but available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Towmate-RVHW32...B012XOBZHW#Ask

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I used these from blazer:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1456549202.808138.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	119940

We went from CA to PA over a 6-day trip and one set of batteries worked the entire time. Very bright.

2015 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
"Enterprise"
Old 03-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the bar and it is great. It is easy to use and worth the money compared to hard wiring. We got it when we got a new toad this summer.

Tags
lights, toad