Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc.
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wireless Temperature Montoring

Has anyone seen or know of a Wireless transmitter/monitor that has 2 or more transmitters to check temperatures in 2 or more locations?

Of course I can buy 2 separate units, but it would be nice to have one display unit with 2 or 3 sending units.

I want to monitor temps in my utility bay, the fresh water holding bay, and the water heater/pump bay.

Thanks for the input!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most I have seen come with one outdoor sensor and will read two more (sold separately). Mine gives me the inside temp and scrolls thru the other three sensors. Sometimes I use them outside, other times in the refrig and freezer.
Amazon.com: Oregon Scientific RMR202A Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer with Wireless Remote Sensor and Atomic Clock Garden, Lawn, Supply, Maintenance: Patio, Lawn & Garden
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Here is one that comes with 3 wireless sensors for $28.99
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2880906735.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	224.9 KB
ID:	49725  
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #4
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post
Has anyone seen or know of a Wireless transmitter/monitor that has 2 or more transmitters to check temperatures in 2 or more locations?

Of course I can buy 2 separate units, but it would be nice to have one display unit with 2 or 3 sending units.

I want to monitor temps in my utility bay, the fresh water holding bay, and the water heater/pump bay.

Thanks for the input!
Kent,

This is what we use in our mh. It comes with (2) remote sensors, one to monitor the temp in the fridge freezer and the other to monitor the fridge box temp. We also just bought another set for the stick house fridge. This unit comes with a high/low reading and an alarm if the temp in the remotes location gets to high or low. Chaney Instruments 986 Digital Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer

If you need to monitor a 3rd location, here is one with a single sensor that I have found to be very good. Amazon.com - AcuRite 00782A2 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor Thermometer

The prices of both are very reasonable.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks Folks! Appreciate it!!
Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #6

Nor'easters Club
We have done what you are proposing. We purchased one from Walmart & ordered the extra sensors from the manufacturer many years ago. They continue to work well. We purchased a Springfield unit, not sure if Walmart still carries it, but an internet search will show where you can get it from.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Amazon.com - Ambient Weather WS-08-X3 Wireless Indoor/Outdoor 8-Channel Thermo-Hygrometer with Daily Min/Max Display with Three Remote Sensors

I ordered this, with other stuff, free shipping and no taxes.

I liked this unit better because it scrolls all three transmitters every 5 seconds across the display and it is a smaller display unit.

Thanks for all the options and info folks!

Very much appreciated!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The LaCross I use has 4 channels on the receiver, I have not seen any other transmitters sold for it though.

Suggestion is to contract Lacross technology and ask. they seem to be the most popular supplier.

I'm try.. Ah, Edmund Scientific.. Likely your best chance of finding a multi-sender unit.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I've been using the Oregon Scientific unit with three external sensors along with the base unit that gives me information for inside the coach.

I have one sensor in the fridge compartment, one in the freezer compartment and the third is in my service bay compartment.

Very similar to this one but older.

Amazon.com - Oregon Scientific BAR388HGA Wireless Weather Station with Atomic Clock, Black

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote