Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2016, 11:31 PM   #1

AC runs when thermostat is off no fan

The rear AC in our 2000 Safari Serengeti runs ( no fan ) and doesn't shut off even with the thermostat in the off position. I have the breaker off to shut it down. It is a Dometic 13.5k. I'm not sure why the fan won't run anymore and why the thermostat doesn't shut it off. Any thoughts would be great. I just put a new 15k Dometic on the front and was planning on moving the old front AC to the rear as it is still working, fan and cool but I'm thinking that the rear Thermo may be bad.

Bob
painterbob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2016, 12:18 PM   #2

Perhaps the relay which operates the compressor is stuck on.
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #3

I have the same problem only my TT and AC are brand new, bought this spring. CW is so backed up in the summer and I don't want to lose camping time so I will have to wait till fall to take it in. For the time being I just use the breaker too.

Dale
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:41 PM   #4

Thank you all for the replies. I would use the breaker as one of you had mentioned but when I turn the breaker on the AC sounds like it's on but there is no fan / blower.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:57 AM   #5

Freightliner Owners Club
When did this start? What did you do before this started?
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #6

We had some electrical issues at one point and fried one leg of the 50 amp main breaker. I replaced the panel with all new interior parts and breakers and all works well. Prior to all of this our electrical problem turned out to be a AC back feed through the inverter ( not a good thing ) a GFI plug in the lower storage area had been wired with both AC and invert power and the tab connecting the top plug to the bottom plug had not been separated hence the back feed. It was just prior to fixing all of this that I turned on the rear AC . My wife woke up in the middle of the night and said that it sounded strange. It was running with out the blower going so I shut it down. I moved the front AC to the back ( it worked well ) and it does the same thing. I'm ordering a new thermostat to see if that will work.

Tags
fan, thermostat