Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #15

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Success! And we were just making an easy job hard, thanks to the advice of the guy at Ace Hardware. Chalk up one more lesson learned the hard way.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Pleased to hear that you won't go BOOM anytime soon!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Success! And we were just making an easy job hard, thanks to the advice of the guy at Ace Hardware. Chalk up one more lesson learned the hard way.
Just curious...........What advice did you get from the "Ace Guy" that you didn't already get here?
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
It's just the ace guy gave him the correct part all of you tryed to help were correct on the fix. He was on the way to go BooM
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh..........Then be like the Savage Family.....Booooom Baaayybbaaaayy.
TRAILERKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #20

Just hope you didn't damage the seat in the flare nut by screwing in wrong fitting on the first try. JMHO but this is why it scares me to purchase a used MH. Some RVers get it right on repairs & extremely skilled. But some are in the practice stage. Nothing wrong with that unless I buy it and have a major disastrous unknown problem. You really never know what has been repaired so you can check all the work that was done to repair the RV unless they have kept a complete log on repairs, especially ones by owner. I always keep a complete log of all service on my RV, including when I worked on MH and what I did.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #21

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ace said to use yellow Teflon tape on the plug. Once you guys told me to leave off the tape, the plug went right in, seated firmly and sealed tight. They did get an extra $5 out of me for the tape.

Now I know that flared gas fittings don't need tape, but other threaded gas line fittings need the yellow tape. This list is good education. If only I had asked here before going to Ace Hdwe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Also, never use a compression fitting on a gas line. They are fine for water.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ace said to use yellow Teflon tape on the plug. Once you guys told me to leave off the tape, the plug went right in, seated firmly and sealed tight. They did get an extra $5 out of me for the tape.

Now I know that flared gas fittings don't need tape, but other threaded gas line fittings need the yellow tape. This list is good education. If only I had asked here before going to Ace Hdwe.
My local Ace Hardware Store is a place to stay away from. It's not to often that when I go there, I leave disappointed.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane