Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Analog Dash Conversion

First the disclaimer - I know this may be nuts, but I am seeking therapy for it. (LOL)
I have a 2013 Fleetwood Expedition - great coach. However, the guages and dash are so plain and generic. I have already replaced the 7" monitor with a 9" quad style and now I want to find a way to replace the basic analog gauges with something digital, lighted and more modern looking.
Does anyone know of a company that makes Speedometer, Tach, Temp, etc gauges that can replace what I currently have. I assume that I would have to get a piece of Lexan and cut it to the size of the existing dashboard and then just place the new gauges accordingly. Greatly appreciate any info that is available. Also, if someone knows of a better forum to post this in, let me know and I will change it. Thanks again.
bobkathy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 06:46 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i don't have an answer but i don't think your nuts. Maybe just an old hot rodder like me who now has to modify everything on their rv instead! There isn't much on mine that hasn't been tinkered with. Looking forward to see what you come up with. If you do make some changes post some pics!😄
poorfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:25 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Thanks poorfarmer, I see that you feel my pain. (ha ha). My 1992 Allante had a fancier dash than is common in nearly all RV's today. The dash panel itself is just a 7" x 16" piece of Lexan (I think). So, if gauges are available and a conversion is possible, then it would be a really neat mod. It 'll probably cost over $1k - but the wife says if I don't spend it - the current White House will.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:37 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Silverleaf makes the 'glass dash'. See if that works for you
Old 02-26-2015, 07:56 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Thanks phranc. That is exactly what I was looking for. But, I did not know it existed. I will definitely contact them. Thanks. Glass Dash | SilverLeaf Electronics, Inc.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #6

I replaced the compudigital dash in my 2000 Affinity with the the Newest Silverleaf Glass Dash. It is solid state and works great. Had to fly the Silverleaf guy out to do the install on site. Took him two days
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 04:26 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
I contacted Silverleaf last week. They were not sure if their unit would fit in the newer style/size of the Expedition dash. They asked me to send them measurements which I did on Friday. Hope to hear from them soon. In looking at the gauges - they are Freightliner, it seems they are chain wired together which would mean that standard "after market" gauges might not work. For example: the two (2) Air PSI gauges have wires going to them but no vacuum line.
Can I ask what model of Silverleaf you got and what your final bill was? You can PM me with that answer so as to keep it private.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #8

VMS 645 glass dash 11k for everything. One year warranty. Had to replace the ecm a year later because the full sensor was never accurate. They replaced it under warranty. Motor homes of Texas replaced it.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #9

Fuel sensor not full
Old 03-07-2015, 06:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkatgifts View Post
I contacted Silverleaf last week. They were not sure if their unit would fit in the newer style/size of the Expedition dash. They asked me to send them measurements which I did on Friday. Hope to hear from them soon. In looking at the gauges - they are Freightliner, it seems they are chain wired together which would mean that standard "after market" gauges might not work. For example: the two (2) Air PSI gauges have wires going to them but no vacuum line.
Can I ask what model of Silverleaf you got and what your final bill was? You can PM me with that answer so as to keep it private.
If your coach is anything like my 2014 Fleetwood Expedition your gauge cluster is completely computer driven which is why there are no vacuum lines. I found this out during a drive where my entire instrument cluster went dead. All gauges froze in their position at 55 MPH. I opened the access panel on the top of the dash, pulled the main connector and turned the coach back on. The dash essentially rebooted and had no further problems.

If you ever get the silverleaf dash in, please post pictures.

Tags
dash