Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #15

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Warning: Keep in mind with these absorbtion type units, heat makes cold. (don't ask) If your box is unusually low in temp, it will no doubt be unsually high in stack temp, (like extremely hot). Keep a VERY close eye on stack temp. I might think about have a fire supression tanks close by if I were you.

The coldest area in a Norcold is in front of the right side fins. The warmest part is in the left middle area about halfway down like the second or third shelf. Keep a small battery powered fan on the RIGHT middle shelf towards the front with no objects blocking the air circulation. There is no built in circulation with these units like your fridge at home. Supplemental movement is very benificial. Place any temp sensing devises in the left middle area of the fridge to sense the warmer air, not the cooler air and away from any fans.

One minute in time of the door being open usually requires one hour of make up time to cool the unit back down. Adding groceries and or a supply of beverages will take at least 24 hrs to catch up.

Wait 24 hours before checking on any changes of temp settings, thermister movements or fan placements.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2012, 06:42 AM   #16

some times i add a block of ice in mine it helps to cool it down
squeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I stick a couple of "Blue Ice" containers in mine when I am first starting it.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:19 AM   #18

Have no idea why but some advice I was given by the previous owner of my rig was never run the refrig empty. Have a large bottle of water or something in there at all times to help regulate the temp.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #19

Workhorse Chassis Owner
UPDATE: recieved and installed new thermister 2 days ago.
freezer empty, box empty, temp still set on one.
temp in box now 40*. life is good.
thanks to all. dave
cannon man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon man
UPDATE: recieved and installed new thermister 2 days ago.
freezer empty, box empty, temp still set on one.
temp in box now 40*. life is good.
thanks to all. dave
Hooray. Thanks for the update.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold