Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #1
Community Moderator

Anybody install a chili pepper hot water recirc pump?

Wondering if anyone has installed an on-demand recirculation pump for faster hot water.... ie the
Chilipepper appliance

https://chilipepperapp.com.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2019, 01:06 PM   #2

I have one in my house and love it. But in the rv my hot water is fast enough.
If you want one for the rv truma makes a tankless with the pump built in.
hivoltage98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivoltage98 View Post
I have one in my house and love it. But in the rv my hot water is fast enough.
If you want one for the rv truma makes a tankless with the pump built in.

I was more interested in the water saving aspect when boondocking than actual speed of getting the water to the faucet.

The newer coaches come with a similar system, but was thinking this would be easier to retro-fit.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 09:03 AM   #4

Remember that the AC pump will need power to work which means you will need an inverter which will be a battery drain source. The recirculation of the hot water will increase the heat loss from the hot water system, which will increase propane use. If you use a clean container to catch the water it can still be used.
Fulltimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:02 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You can buy a thermo bypass valve from box stores or online, mount in the bath area. Use a 12V water pump like you'd find in solar water systems, and a remote switch, all available online also. Pump goes in hot water line near water heater, pushes hot water to the thermo valve which bypasses into the cold line until hot enough. No water loss to the grey tank or excess use of fresh water. Works great!! Our WH is aboot 20 feet or so from bath, and the pump will have hot water in shower in the time it takes to do the other morning stuff before hitting the shower. Total cost was aboot $80 and using the remote, no need to run wires from bath to pump. Easy job and for us boondockers a very worthwhile mod.
2003 Excursion XLT V10 4:30 Axles
DualCam HP 450W Roof Solar/320W Portable
Tuquala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #6

Some one added a return line from the furthest hot water faucet and went back to the fresh water tank with an electric valve. Want hot water, open the valve an the hot water leaves the tank, goes back to the fresh water tank and thus instant hot water.

https://www.amazon.com/MISOL-motoriz...VY2RVP3V5RCSPB
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install, water