Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #1

Aqua hot

I am a new be and had have the the Aqua Hot system on a Winny Tour. I don't know what to expect from the Aquia Hot system for hot water. I have the system on gas plus the electric system on. I am only getting =very hot date for about 30 seconds in fact scalding hot so I turn the water back to cold got it to a good temp. The hot only last about 2 minutes then you
have to continually turn the water valve back the the hot side until you run out of hot water. I thought this was suppose to be unlimited hot water. Is the way it's suppose to be.
thanks
Steve
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds as if you only have the 110 element in the Aqua hot on and not the diesel burner.
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
I am a new be and had have the the Aqua Hot system on a Winny Tour. I don't know what to expect from the Aquia Hot system for hot water. I have the system on gas plus the electric system on. I am only getting =very hot date for about 30 seconds in fact scalding hot so I turn the water back to cold got it to a good temp. The hot only last about 2 minutes then you

have to continually turn the water valve back the the hot side until you run out of hot water. I thought this was suppose to be unlimited hot water. Is the way it's suppose to be.

thanks

Steve

You say "on gas". Is your AH unit a diesel burner or an LP burner? Either way, with the hot water turned full on, go outside and listen at the AH unit or at the exhaust for the burner and see if it's actually coming on. It sounds like your burner is not firing for some reason and when faced with continuous demand the electric can't keep up. Somewhere around the AH unit there will be a display panel. The lights can help you troubleshoot. Check out what you can & call Winny tech support.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:41 AM   #4
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
When I had this problem it was a stir pump failure. Replaced the pump with an upgraded version which solved the problem.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You should have a mixing valve at the AH unit. Adjust it to make hot, not scalding water and the water will remain hot much much longer. It may not be actually unlimited but certainly enough to take a regular shower on electric. Diesel or LP fired it should be virtually endless.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion . I have the electric and gas burner on and the burner is on (hot exhaust ) and I don't have any red lights on the panel outside. It gets hot no problem but the longer you take a shower ( two to three minutes) you constantly have to turn the water valve to the hot side to keep the the same temperature. I have on demand at my stick built and love it. You never run out of hot water. With this system I do run out. Not impressed for water. Does great for heat.
counched out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by counched out View Post
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion . I have the electric and gas burner on and the burner is on (hot exhaust ) and I don't have any red lights on the panel outside. It gets hot no problem but the longer you take a shower ( two to three minutes) you constantly have to turn the water valve to the hot side to keep the the same temperature. I have on demand at my stick built and love it. You never run out of hot water. With this system I do run out. Not impressed for water. Does great for heat.

I don't know what the specs are for you AH unit. A diesel fired unit will produce about 1.5 gal/minute of water heated to 55 degrees above the Input water. An LP unit may be somewhat less.

There is a tempering or mixing valve in the AH cabinet. Sometimes it gets stuck and if you turn it to its limit of travel in both directions it will free it up.

You should join Roger Burke's hydronic heat forum. Roger knows all.

http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote