Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #1

aqua hot 450 water temp

Hi,
After changing the fuel nozzle and oil filter (and having a broken housing repaired) we reinstalled the housing. We find now that our temperature in the shower is not reaching the hot level that it did before. Before we would turn it up to scalding hot and then adjust down to a comfortable level. Now it won't go to the scalding hot level and we can't get it quite to the level we like. All other faucets at vanities and kitchen sink appear to be fine. Is there some seperate temperature control that controls the shower temperature? Any thoughts?
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #2

Commercial Member

Bill

Your Aqua-Hot sends the same hot water to the entire coach.

Hot water is supposed to be 120 degrees.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #3

Thanks Roger. So I would think there may be something going on with the lever on the shower where you turn up the temp from cold to hot. I think I will get somebody to take a look at that for me. Maybe it is not accessing the hot limit.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Thanks Roger. So I would think there may be something going on with the lever on the shower where you turn up the temp from cold to hot. I think I will get somebody to take a look at that for me. Maybe it is not accessing the hot limit.
I'm having the same exact problem. It was great until a week ago. I've pulled the handle off and removed the scald guard from the mixer in the valve. Thought I had it fixed, but first shower the water was great for about 2 minutes and then ice cold. Turned the shower off and waited, then barely luke warm at best. I ran my kitchen and bathroom faucets and timed it to see if the Aquahot would keep up. It doesn't keep up. Now we'll wait on a response from Entegra and Aquahot to figure it out. Jacob was telling me today that Aquahot has had some issues with temp control and the thermostat kicking the burner on. As soon as I get some answers, I'll get back too you too
Old 05-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #5

Commercial Member

The Aqua-Hot has built in anti-scald protection (mixing valve), so you do not need a second anti-scald device in the shower (or anywhere else in the coach). It is designed so it will not send hot water over 120 degrees into the coach.

Your Aqua-Hot is rated to make 1.5 gallons of hot water per minute. If you run both the sink and shower it may not be able to produce constant hot water.

- Roger Berke -
http://www.Forum.RVHYD.com
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:37 AM   #6

My problem though is not one caused by running the shower and sinks same time. I was just runnjng shower. Hopefully I will soon get a chance to remove shower faucet and see if it can be adjusted. Just too busy at work to get a chance yet.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #7

My problem is the same as Bills. The AH is nt kicking on to heat the water. I thought it was the shower too, but it has to be the AH. Waiting for AH to contact me this morning.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #8

Shardan,
Let us know what they tell you.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 AM   #9

A tech came out Saturday and said that he believes its a circulation pump. We'll see when it gets here and installed. I'll keep you posted on the progress
Old 05-15-2012, 03:38 AM   #10

I added the issue to my "to do" list while at the Entegra plant in July. No Aqua Hot reps anywhere near where I am. Will watch posts to see if circulation pump fixes yours.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 PM   #11

The tech that came out knew nothing so I ended up diagnosing it myself with a little service manual Aqua hot sent me. they sent me the part overnight and I just replaced the control thermostat on the boiler. Cycled it to heat up. Ran hot water in the coach and it maintained 120 degrees at the faucet.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #12

Shardan when you had this problem was it just with the shower while other faucets were fine or was it all faucets not heating?
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2011 View Post
Shardan when you had this problem was it just with the shower while other faucets were fine or was it all faucets not heating?
At first we thought it just the shower, but after further investigating and testing, we found that none of the faucets would stay hot for very long. We changed out our thermostat and all seems fine(for the moment)