Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2017, 07:29 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I have a this as my connector.
Attachment 156389

That works!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2017, 09:38 AM   #16

Love our ARP, Paul installed at QZ.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:33 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Love our ARP, Paul installed at QZ.

X 2.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:02 PM   #18

I've had mine for about two years. Works great.
I installed the model with the fan control switch. I use it to control the Fridge Fix fan inside the fridge and also the two 120 mm computer fans mounted at top of vent below the exterior cover. Has worked perfectly. The inside Fridge Fix fan has completely eliminated the frost problem on trips up to 2 1/2 months long. Both fans only operate when needed and are controlled by the ARP.
I now set my control to level 4 no matter the outside temp.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Another ARP RV Fridge Control Install...

Bringing up one of several old ARP threads - just installed my ARP on a 13 year old Norcold N842.
Easy install, sold on the benefits, I feel MUCH safer with this unit monitoring my boiler.

In the first 2years we had our unit we left it un-level on one trip and it toasted the cooling unit - replaced under warranty. I now feel fortunate we didn't lose the whole coach to a fire.

Not only is it cheap insurance for safety, it prevents overheating the cooling unit, and now the new fan control feature improves cooling efficiency by force-venting the air column behind the fridge. Mine is top-vented so I went with just the lower fresh-air fan.

Otherwise I haven't touched this refer since the coach was new, so it was a good opportunity to clean up the compartment - dirt and cob webs, and tidy up the factory wiring - what a mess. And while I was in there cleaned the LP burner and igniter, thermister. It all looks really good now and very orderly. Very happy with this project.

I also got a internal fan cooler from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse for $20 for the internal cooling grid inside the fridge which also improves performance and helps keep temps uniform throughout the fridge. Easy install, was easy to feed the feed wire down through the drain tube to the back of the fridge and connect to 12v. The little fan unit has an on off switch so I can turn it on when I want it to run. Also prevents frosting of those fins. Each fan uses .1ah. I can live with that even dry-camping.

The ARP works great. Paul is a great guy with a great product.

CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:28 PM   #20

We no longer have an RM1200 but still had Paul install the ARP last year in Quartzsite on our smaller Norcold. I had exhaust fans in the top vent (in a slide) and he installed a bottom one wired to the control. Never an issue with temps this year and I don't have to worry about pulling off the road in an un-level area.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #21

Used on on the Norcold Polarmax 18cf unit in my 5er all season and love it. Got the version with fan controller and two fans for the slide mounted refrigerator. I really like the peace of mind that comes with having the unit installed. Biggest eye opener for me was how easy and quickly the fridge could go into an overheat condition when towing and off level even for relatively short periods of time.
Searching_Ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:43 PM   #22

Money well-spent! I installed the ARP 2.1 w/optional fan last summer. Experimenting with fan placement, I found the best results was zip-tying it to the bottom condensing tube, which is just above the lower access door. My frig, using the same settings, runs about 18-20 deg cooler.
BTW, you'll find the best pricing at rvcoolingunit.com
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote