Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-21-2014, 06:44 AM   #1

ARP RV Fridge Control

I have a small Dometic in my RV and have been looking that this fridge control for safety reasons. I am not sure I understand where the temperature probe is installed. It appears from the photos that it is up higher than I can see when I remove the out access panel. Does anyone know if the fridge must be removed for proper installation of the unit?
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I bought one when they first introduced them and were offering them at a reduced price. I haven't installed it yet.

You will just open the sheet metal that is wrapped around the stack with the heating elements. The sheet metal on mine is just held in place with tabs that hook through holes, so you just bend them back and it will open right up. There will be insulation packed inside when you open the sheet metal so you can just push it aside. It looks like a very easy installation.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #3

I will have to check that out when the rest of my fan parts arrive and I am in there again.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #4

What model? They now have installation pictures for many different models on their website. For my Norcold, it was easier to slide it in 4" to reach the flue.
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #5

Its a small one, can't recall the model at the moment. I may contact them and ask if I can send a photo.
Old 06-22-2014, 11:23 AM   #6

http://www.arprv.com click on dometic install. The install does require some basic mechanical skills (crimping, sealing connections, drilling, wiring, etc...).
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge