Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2015, 06:52 AM   #1

Batteries not charging

Hi All,

On my last trip when the generator is running or when plugged in the "charging" light on the panel (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5s0uqqtgj5...70359.jpg?dl=0

Isn't coming on.
How would you trouble shoot this?

I have a meter but not much experience with it--a good time to get some I suppose.

Thanks,
Steve

2008 Holiday Rambler Vacationer XL 34' Cummins ISB

Tel. AteOhfour774ate09sixx
swoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 08:47 AM   #2

Hello swoodall-

Please clarify: You have no 12VDC from the batteries, AND the "CHARGE" light is dead, or you have plenty of 12VDC from the batteries, BUT the "CHARGE" light is dead.

And, you say you have a meter... is that a portable voltmeter or something else?

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #3

I can operate lights, etc so the batteries still have a charge. Just the panel doesn't show them being charged. Yes, I have a portable voltmeter.

Thanks,
steve
swoodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #4

Steve-

I suppose I shouldn't have gotten your hopes up that I could answer your question. I was hoping the problem might be more general in nature, rather than perhaps something specific to the panel.

The wiring diagrams I have for that panel are for a Monaco Monarch, up to 2006. In the diagram package, several models are shown, including Holiday Ramblers, which (I understand) used many of the same components and wiring. Unhappily, in 2006 Monaco/Holiday Ramblers had a voltage gauge (display) rather than a set of LEDs to show battery charge level. So, my diagrams don't help us much.

I got my diagrams from the tech support folks at Monaco. They were very pleasant. You can find their contact info at:

Customer Service

and, if memory serves, you can send mail directly to them at:

mcctech@argrv.com

It sounds as if this (LED not lighting) is not something urgent; that is, your battery charging works fine. If that's the case, I suggest calling or mailing the tech support folks.

Mark
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, charging