Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2019, 04:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Battery Brand Options Please!

Asking for opinions on a good 6v brand other than TROJAN. Looking for a good bang for the buck under$99 probably in T105 or T110 size capacity. Cosco, Sams, Rural King(Exide)
Battery Plus (Duracell). Trojans aren’t necessarily off the table just looking for less expensive decent options. I maintain them well and only need two.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2019, 04:42 AM   #2

You have Tri State trolling motor up buy you if you decide to go with Trojan. I went with Sams battery's last go-round. What I found is if battery's are well maintained I get twice the life out of Trojan.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Handy Bob recommends Crown. See his website for a real battery education.
(Handybob.com)
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:31 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I just went 2, 6V golf batteries. But first did lots of research, round and round. Finally just gave up and went with Trojan at $145 each. They seem to be the go-to battery.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:36 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
I just went 2, 6V golf batteries. But first did lots of research, round and round. Finally just gave up and went with Trojan at $145 each. They seem to be the go-to battery.
I just installed 3 Interstate batteries. 4 year warranty. I found that by spending the extra money, upgrading batteries is worth the expense. I had a mechanic replace the originals that came with the coach and they barely lasted 6 months. So, I paid twice. Lesson learned.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:37 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On my last rig I got 10 years out of the OEM Interstate U-2200's so I went with Interstate GC-2's when I replaced the old ones.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Todd! I got a good price from O'Reillys on a new chassis battery. They even gave me the Military Discount although I'm obviously not active duty now!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:14 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Hi Todd! I got a good price from O'Reillys on a new chassis battery. They even gave me the Military Discount although I'm obviously not active duty now!

I can’t remember the brand of house batteries I currently have but I believe they are about four or five years old and were in the coach when I bought it. I never really see the side of the batteries without making an effort to do so but I take care of them and they are a less expensive autoparts brand I believe.
Old 01-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Rexhall Owners Group
I just replaced the chassis battery with another Centennial 27 for $110ish.its a deep cell and our last one lasted a good 6yrs of hard use. I wouldn't use it it as my house batteries in my Class A bit it was in my old Toyota Dolphin as it's house battery. It's really sort of a chassis battery yet works good with our low demand on the Dolphin. Not near the amp/hrs as a true deep cell 6v like the T105 or bigger. The price was right, got great liufe out of it. Finally it would take much of a charge a couple weeks ago... my local RV dealer carries them and is fair in their battery prices plus I got to keep the core to use as a 12v power source when testing. I need yo just cough up the cash for a new portable jump device, so much easier to lug around...

Tags
battery