Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Wonderful. Thank you!

I have one that clips to the fins in the fridge and I have had problems with it maintaining a ground. I like your fan's setup much better. I think I will switch things up and go with one of those.
I will try and take a picture of it today and post it for you, I have a lot of picture's of a lot of my Mods, but I looked.........not this one
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2016, 10:36 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
This is what it looks like:
(Click on photo's to zoom in)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09724.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	279.4 KB
ID:	123996   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09725.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	167.1 KB
ID:	123997  

Name:	DSC09726.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	123998  
Old 04-13-2016, 10:58 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for posting those. I think we have the same Dometic fridge.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:06 AM   #18

We use the top one and it works good for us. I put it in when we are cooling down the fridge and that helps it cool down quicker as it circulates the air. Our fridge gets just about as cold as our residential fridge in the house. Usually after the initial cool down we have to turn ours down a few settings to keep it from getting too cold. Like said this really helps circulating the air so that things don't freeze in the fridge compartment. We have used these in all our RV fridges.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #19

Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you're having cooling problems in your fridge, fix that. If you are having problems, the little fans may only put off fixing the problem.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Dan View Post
Those little battery operated fans never did do too much to help. The only things I found that work are the type that attach to the cooling fin. This type works okay but is better than nothing:
Dometic Evaporator Fan Greater inside Cooling Deluxe Model - RV Cooling Unit Warehouse
The battery operated ones also go through batteries like crazy. We replaced one of those with the clip-on one and like it a lot. No ice on the fins. One tip is to wire it so it turns off when the door is opened, to keep it from blowing cold air out.

Quote:
The best one, but more expensive is the Fridge Fix. It blows air all the way across the fins for even cooling and keeps frost on the fins to a minimum. I had one of these and it went with our old Norcold when we traded. It made a major difference in cooling and keeping the temperature even throughout.
https://smartrvproducts.com/works/
I looked at those, but they cost almost 10 times what the clip-on one does. The clip-on one keeps the ice off the fins so I'm happy with it.

One other thing to get more even cooling is to look at how your items are arranged on the shelf--imagine looking down from above to see if there's a good way for the air to get to all the areas of the fridge. A 9x13 pan and some burrito-sized tortillas will completely fill a shelf and keep any air from getting below them.
oatmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:28 PM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Those little battery operated fans never did do too much to help. The only things I found that work are the type that attach to the cooling fin. This type works okay but is better than nothing:
Dometic Evaporator Fan Greater inside Cooling Deluxe Model - RV Cooling Unit Warehouse

Quote:
The best one, but more expensive is the Fridge Fix. It blows air all the way across the fins for even cooling and keeps frost on the fins to a minimum. I had one of these and it went with our old Norcold when we traded. It made a major difference in cooling and keeping the temperature even throughout.

I highly recommend this one! Well worth the extra expense!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:43 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:

Fridge Fix looks like a very nice product. The installation instructions look very detailed and well organized. I might look into this product.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:29 AM   #23

I installed this one from ebay, Dometic Refrigerator Fan to INCREASE cooling inside Deluxe custom Built | eBay. I wired it into my light. It works great when temps are 95+. I also keep some ice in fridge and run this during the day. My fridge stays below 40 degrees, which is my goal.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2017-06-25 16.23.39-900x550.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	167489  
Old 07-05-2017, 09:06 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTraveler View Post
One thing I can say for rvcoolingwarehouse is they have a knack for making the junkiest looking websites ever.

Regardless, if I wanted better performance from my refrigerator, instead of spending $150 on the super deluxe one from rvsmartproducts (I notice I had to drill down three pages to find the price), I'd put the $150 toward an Amish cooling unit and get the cheap clip-on fan if I still needed one.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #25

The fan I posted is $18.95 on ebay, not sure what your talking about for $150.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:06 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTraveler View Post
The fan I posted is $18.95 on ebay, not sure what your talking about for $150.
I'll just quote from the post you responded to: "instead of spending $150 on the super deluxe one from rvsmartproducts." So I'm talking about the $150 super deluxe one from rvsmartproducts that was discussed upthread.

Tags
battery, fan, fridge