Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Carbon monoxide monitor

We are on the road for next couple of weeks. This is fourth night in our 2004 Fleetwood. Every night carbon monoxide monitor is the bedroom beeps after we are in bed for at least couple of hours or so. This is just single beeps. The monitor in the living is functioning fine light is green. These are single beeps with few minutes intervals. I am running all appliance on electric water heater and frig. I stop the beep by pushing and holding down the button for couple of times. Any ideas? no batteries
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
Community Administrator

These have a life of 5-7 years. There should be a date on the back of it. It's time to replace it. I got a replacement from FW recently.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by excurion04 View Post
We are on the road for next couple of weeks. This is fourth night in our 2004 Fleetwood. Every night carbon monoxide monitor is the bedroom beeps after we are in bed for at least couple of hours or so. This is just single beeps. The monitor in the living is functioning fine light is green. These are single beeps with few minutes intervals. I am running all appliance on electric water heater and frig. I stop the beep by pushing and holding down the button for couple of times. Any ideas? no batteries
When you say "no batteries" I assume you mean it is hard wired to the 12 volt system. However, some hard wired alarms still have a back up battery in case of a power failure. The other reason could be that the alarm has reached its end of life date. I bought a combination smoke/CO alarm recently and it has a 5 year life span on the label. It will beep a certain sequence when it needs replaced. If this alarm is the original one on your 2004 coach then its 9 years old.

Edit: Cliff beat me to it on the expiration date!
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Verify. Our front detector is a hard-wired LP detector on the kickboard under the cooktop. On the ceiling is a 9v battery smoke detector. In the bedroom is a hard-wired CO detector (neither hard-wired are battery backed up). I made the mistake since ours was beeping that I needed two units. Turns out, 2 mistakes. 1)Only one CO (other was LP although they look simiar at a distance). 2)Although they were both beyond their 5-yr life expectancy, it was beeping due to low voltage. My CO was wired to the Chasis batteries (around the storage shutoff switch/relay so it was still powered). My chasis batteries were drained to 8.4v as the solar, generator, converter and alternator all charge the house batteries but only the alternator charges the chasis batterys. Learning more each trip.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try blowing it out with canned air.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote