Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2016, 06:44 PM   #1

Question Coachmen 320BH Monitor Panel Water Pump

We have a 2016 Leprechaun 320BH. We've had some trouble with the monitor panel. Both the black and grey water show full even when we know they were just dumped. We learned (via YouTube) that the sensors might be dirty, so we have to clean the tanks. ?? Is this a frequent requirement?? How often do you all clean your tanks. We've used this rig only about five times for a total of about 40-days or so, so we're wondering if this is normal.

The other issue is the water pump switch and light on the monitor panel. The switch on the monitor panel stays on (and the light stays on) even in the off position. The water pump is always on (but not always running). It isn't a problem, but I'm wondering why I can't get the switch to turn off.
CraigClan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2016, 11:59 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

The pump switch , may be defective , so probably replacement required .
As far as the tank readings are concerned.
Does the panel also include a propane, and fresh tank, level check ?
If so does those readings seem to be accurate?
Could be the whole panel , or it's ground wiring could be in trouble.
On late model RV's I haven't heard too much about tank clean out, required to clean the level sensors , it's nowhere near as big a problem as it was on older RVs.
I used to get a box of denture cleaner at Costco , and put half the tablets in the black tank & half in the grey , with a 1/4 tank of water in each, and go for a 15 mile drive then dump the tanks . Others report just using Dawn , dish soap with good results , I don't know how much though .
Old 06-29-2016, 02:39 AM   #3

Not sure about yours but my Coachmen MH has a pump switch near the exterior hook up for water. When it is in the on position my interior switch is lit up.
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #4

We are having trouble with our sensors even after just five trips in the RV. Your advice is most welcome, and I'm off to get some denture cleaner!!
Old 06-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #5

Bingo! The outdoor switch was the reason I could not turn off the indoor switch. So simple, but sometimes we just don't know what we don't know. Thanks so much!
Old 06-30-2016, 03:14 AM   #6

yay!
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, panel, water, water pump