Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #1

Question Coffee Maker to fit old Coffee Maker Opening

I've been reading through many forum posts about upgrading and replacing coffee makers. Recently, our glass carafe bit the dust and I was looking to replace it and do find hits on ebay. As other posts have said, the Black & Decker SpaceMaker is slowly coming to it's end of life and I'd rather just replace it. I've taken measurements, and there just doesn't seem to be a replacement out there that will fit the opening on our Winnebago Brave '00. It's between 2 cabinets, and mounted under a speaker. So, even if we modify the opening, it will be a bigger task than necessary. I REALLY do not want to replace it with a Keurig or a countertop maker at this point. That's what we're doing now. I'd much rather get another under cabinet mounted version. Already been trying to understand the dimensions of the Black & Decker SpaceSaver but I'm pretty sure that is too wide... 17" is what I'm finding. Our opening is just about 15" MAX! (wide).

I've been searching Campingworld's website, Walmart, Target, and Amazon. Has anyone found anything to fit theirs?

Thanks!
Tracey
2ndwindranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2017, 02:39 PM   #2

I found a better place for this question under RV Systems & Appliances but I don't know how to move a thread, Admin, please move the thread if you like
Old 12-26-2017, 02:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndwindranch View Post
I found a better place for this question under RV Systems & Appliances but I don't know how to move a thread, Admin, please move the thread if you like
Post a link to that thread here so others can find it.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #4

We had the same problem and when I couldn't find a suitable replacement. We went with a Keurig sitting on the counter, and converted the old B&D coffee maker space to storage for breakfast items like cereal boxes coffee etc.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
We had the same problem and when I couldn't find a suitable replacement. We went with a Keurig sitting on the counter, and converted the old B&D coffee maker space to storage for breakfast items like cereal boxes coffee etc.
Well, bummer :( The current model replacing the SpaceMaker is the SpaceSaver... I've had it in my Amazon shopping cart many times as the 17" dimension appears in 2 different places depending on which item I find from the buyers. If it is indeed 17" wide, it will not fit. If the house speaker was not part of it's mounting setup this wouldn't be as big of an issue, but if we planned on re-wiring the entire sound system, this would be an easy fix!
Old 12-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #6

Does anyone know how many watts the Spacemaker draws? I looked at the user manual online but it doesn't say. The other question is will it work with a MSW inverter?
Old 12-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
... The other question is will it work with a MSW inverter?
Pardon my question, but I've seen this MSW Inverter come up a lot in conversation about coffee pots, what is it and why is it important so I make the right choice.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
Does anyone know how many watts the Spacemaker draws? I looked at the user manual online but it doesn't say. The other question is will it work with a MSW inverter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndwindranch View Post
Pardon my question, but I've seen this MSW Inverter come up a lot in conversation about coffee pots, what is it and why is it important so I make the right choice.
Hard to answer your question. Some electronics play well with Modified Sine Wave (MSW) voltages others don't. Electric blankets unless they are the old mechanical style usually don't. Crock Pots are a crapshoot. You never know. I have two electric floor heaters. One works well, the other definitely does not!

The original Black and Decker spacesaver coffee maker (2006+-) did work well with MSW voltages, and one of the Keurig machine does, and the other does not!

Here is a link for the definition of Modified Sine Wave inverters.

https://www.altestore.com/blog/2015/...he-difference/
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Hard to answer your question. ...

Perfect! I get what you mean, thank you!!!
Old 12-28-2017, 07:39 AM   #10

Quote:
Hard to answer your question. Some electronics play well with Modified Sine Wave (MSW) voltages others don't. Electric blankets unless they are the old mechanical style usually don't. Crock Pots are a crapshoot. You never know. I have two electric floor heaters. One works well, the other definitely does not!

The original Black and Decker spacesaver coffee maker (2006+-) did work well with MSW voltages, and one of the Keurig machine does, and the other does not!

I was kind of hoping someone out there had one and could comment. It's interesting that only one mfr makes an undercounter unit anymore. Seems like a good niche but maybe they just aren't that popular. My current Walmart cheapy coffee maker plays just fine with the MSW inverter but it has very basic controls. Electric blankets and the wife's hair straightener don't.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #11

Ok, I thought for sure there had to be something out there, and have searched for over a year and still find nothing. I’m pretty tech savvy and was just like “really?!” and was sure someone had to have something! My OCD is the only thing wanting something in the original space. My husband isn’t super thrilled in a major cabinet overhaul just to give me 3 more inches wide for the newer model Maybe I’ll just buy one of the overpriced original models:( we don’t seem to have any MSW issues with any of our electronics, only normal things like when the floor heater and coffee pot are in the same outlet.