RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Dash ac fan quit on high speed mode

While getting ready to take the coach in today for an oil change, I turned on the dash ac to max cool and high speed fan mode and noted everything was working ok. After going down the road about 1 mile, I went over a small bridge that has a slight bump to it and the fan quit on high speed. The fan will work on low and medium speed in ac and other modes but will not work on high. Any ideas on what might have cause this would be appreciated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I believe your chassis still used a high blower relay for high speed fan only.
I'm not sure of it's location but following the wire harness back from the air box might help you locate it.
You might try a 'search' for the topic as there were several replies to the same problem recently.

bigskymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
While getting ready to take the coach in today for an oil change, I turned on the dash ac to max cool and high speed fan mode and noted everything was working ok. After going down the road about 1 mile, I went over a small bridge that has a slight bump to it and the fan quit on high speed. The fan will work on low and medium speed in ac and other modes but will not work on high. Any ideas on what might have cause this would be appreciated.
In fifteen years, I probably ran into this more than any other problem. For high speed only, you have a fuse under the hood for the blower. It is uaually a 20 amp. Yellow. If this fuse blows, everything will work but high speed.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Checked the wiring at rear of fan speed switch and it was connected ok. Checked for any applicable fuses under dash. Checked under the hood and found a lage flat 30a fuse for the blower and it was blown. When I put a new one in, it blew also. Can't keep replacing them at $3-4 dollars a pop. Now what?
Old 06-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC2 View Post
Checked the wiring at rear of fan speed switch and it was connected ok. Checked for any applicable fuses under dash. Checked under the hood and found a lage flat 30a fuse for the blower and it was blown. When I put a new one in, it blew also. Can't keep replacing them at $3-4 dollars a pop. Now what?
Start by purchasing a circuit breaker to replace the fuse. the CB's are usually metal inclosed with blade fuse plugs. It will open and close without blowing. You of course still need to find the short.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:00 AM   #6
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Update. Found a wire from the switch to the blower motor had worn through the insulation from rubbing on metal under the dash and was causing the short. What a pita to locate.
My thanks to the (2) members out of 65000+ that responded with suggestions.

Tags
dash, fan