Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM   #1

Dealing With HWH

I've got a Mountain Aire with a leveling jack that's leaking down internally. The hydraulic leveling system is by HWH.

Before ordering replacement parts I called HWH to discuss with a tech, parts required and any tips regarding installation.

Here is where things go crazy, I'm put on a call back list and told to wait for the call, so I standing by waiting for the call. After a couple of days I call them back and am advised that it may take a couple more days for the call back. It's now more the ten days and they're still telling me it's going to be in a couple more days.

At the last call I asked to be transfered to sales and I'll take my chances on parts I buy. Guess what, I'm put on another call back list.

Is this typical or do they just not like my voice?
kwseeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2014, 02:40 PM   #2
Community Administrator

It's the way they're handling it these days as reported by many others. Power Gear doesn't take phone calls but they do take emails and usually answer them within a few hours.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same experience and found a great source for HWH parts in Elkhart IN.......Stewarts Service.......I think the owner worked for HWH at one time but now sure. He stocks all the HWH parts you need and can offer technical assistance too. They even answer the phone......imagine that.
Try HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services
It's their website. Good Luck

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:12 PM   #4

They will eventually call you back. It took over two weeks for me to get a call back last year. The techs are very knowledgeable and helpful when you do finally get a chance to talk to them. I guess HWH just doesn't want to hire a bunch of techs to give out free advice. I know it's aggravating, but be patient and they will get you fixed up.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Give this fella a call......

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwseeger View Post
I've got a Mountain Aire with a leveling jack that's leaking down internally. The hydraulic leveling system is by HWH.

Before ordering replacement parts I called HWH to discuss with a tech, parts required and any tips regarding installation.

Here is where things go crazy, I'm put on a call back list and told to wait for the call, so I standing by waiting for the call. After a couple of days I call them back and am advised that it may take a couple more days for the call back. It's now more the ten days and they're still telling me it's going to be in a couple more days.

At the last call I asked to be transfered to sales and I'll take my chances on parts I buy. Guess what, I'm put on another call back list.

Is this typical or do they just not like my voice?
There is a fella on here (iRV2 Forums - View Profile: azpete) that works for HWH.......he has helped me with a problem before. PM him and maybe he can help you with your problem.
Here is his number if you want to call him 1-602-549-3638, He posted his number on a thread.......so I am sure he wouldn't mind if you give him a call. Hope this helps you out.........
This is the thread he posted on http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/hwh-...ng-203284.html , post #10
Old 06-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #6
Commercial Member

hi, kwseeger, sent you a pm
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
From my experience it's well worth it to wait for the call back.

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #8
paz

Waiting for a callback for 2 weeks when your jacks are stuck in the down position and can't leave the campground isn't going to fly. HWH will be loosing business if that keeps up. They used to let you talk to a tech right away who would talk you through the troubleshooting procedure.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #9
Commercial Member

hey paz, i have attempted to contact kwseeger.
i work for hwh corp.i am a service tech. my cell is 602-549-3638.
i received an email from him this morning. i hope he will call me for help getting his jack retracted.
btw, this number is on all the time. i am available for diagnostics, and other help.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
Waiting for a callback for 2 weeks when your jacks are stuck in the down position and can't leave the campground isn't going to fly. HWH will be loosing business if that keeps up. They used to let you talk to a tech right away who would talk you through the troubleshooting procedure.
You can always get your jacks to go up by loosening the valves on the solenoids.
You don't need to call HWH to do that.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 PM   #11

Thanks folks for the helpfull responces. Per recommendation I've contacted HWH Replacement Parts - Stuart's Services and they couldn't be more helpfull. Replacement parts are on order at a very reasonable price and my questions were answered on the spot.
kwseeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #12

It IS UNBELIVABLE that any company would treat it's customers like that, unless they just don't give a [ moderator edit ] about their customers!!!! I mean, after all, they've already got your money on the sale of the legs to the OMFG. Granted, the profit margin on parts is enough to make the devil blush, but then again, you have to remember, THEY DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is truly that simple. I spent over 5k trying to get my legs to work right, still don't.
Ken McCormack
KenandKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:15 PM   #13
Commercial Member

ken, call me. 1-602-549-3638. i work for hwh
repairing jacks is not rocket science. it seems you have had some bad experiences with repair centers. i can help.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
ken, call me. 1-602-549-3638. i work for hwh
repairing jacks is not rocket science. it seems you have had some bad experiences with repair centers. i can help.
Pete--I wish we PowerGear owners had support like you! Thanks for helping out.

Tags
hwh