Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #1

do you wash bed sheet, mattress protector in W/D?

it's 4am PDT. I just changed the bed sheet after my 4yo had an accident. That makes me think. What if we were in an RV? DH and I have been shopping around and have pretty much narrowed down our options. But now this scenario... Well, W/D will come in real handy. Probably a stack W/D because of the bigger capacity. But I wonder if most W/D in an RV can handle beddings at all. And from your experience, which RV model(s) come with good W/D, or which brand(s) of RV W/D are of good quality to handle washing bedsheet, mattress protector? Thx
emeraldlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
paz

We have a Splendide 2000S w/d combo. DW washes queen sheets in 2 loads - top sheet and 1 pillow case in one load, bottom sheet and second pillow case in another load. When the weather is nice and the campground allows it, she dries them outside.

Queen mattress cover is too big for our Splendide, but a twin would probably be OK. The newer Splendide models have a larger capacity, but I still don't know if it would be enough for a queen cover.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #3

I too have the 2000S w/d comb, I wash both queen sheets and pillow cases at one time, then split the load up for quicker drying. The only time I've used a larger washer/dryer is when I must wash my heavy plush blanket. Heck, it almost doesn't fit in a regular washer.

I love my washer/dryer combo, but I'm just one person so small loads are the rule for me.
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
For the two of us full-timing, we go to the local laundromat and do 2 weeks worth of laundry in 2 hours. Over and done with instead of having to do 4 loads everyday and then having the stuff come out all wrinkled.

My wife does use the Splendide for her hand washables through the spin cycle and somethings she will also dry them.

I have used the W/D once or twice when I have run out of undergarments or socks, but for the large stuff it all goes to the laundromats.

We have picked out our favorites from Alaska to Florida and will use them if in the area otherwise if we are spending any length of time in one place I will scope out the best one to use.

I like the front-load washers which are huge where we can do everything in one load.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have a Splendide stacked washer and dryer. We are able to wash our king bedding with no issues. DW will wash one sheet with the pillow cases and usually will wash a large bath towel and wash cloth/s in one load. Second load is the other bed sheet, towel, with hand towels. One day when DW was shopping and I put both king sheets in the washer, it worked fine.

This is our first rig with w/d so our plan is to use a coin laundry when we need to wash blanket/s, mattress cover.

We do think it is more convenient to have the w/d in the coach and don't mind doing a load every other day or so. I would certainly suggest the stackable combo and not the single washer/dryer combo unit.

Most all the RV manufacturers offer rigs with washer/dryer options. Obviously, the larger the rig, the more room you have for those options.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #6

For a combo W/D the limiting factor is drying load limit, which for our new Splendide is 11#. That seems to be about 2/3 drum-full for most loads. Sure you may wash 17#, but cannot dry that load, some must be removed to get down to 11#.
We wash one king sheet and pillow case for a load, same for mattress cover. Don't be hard on your 4 yr old, us 70+ youngsters have accidents too.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
A stacked W/D vs a combo makes no difference. Both washers have more capacity then the dryer.

We have a stacked W/D and wash our king sheets and mattress covers 1 at a time. We also have 5 pillow covers that go in with the top sheet. We probably could wash the sheets together but we think they spin drier just a bit more. If we had a queen, we would do the sheets together.

We also wash our lightweight summer blanket in our washer. HOWEVER...we have to keep an eye on it during the first spin cycle because it sometimes goes out of balance and stops the spin. When that happens we only need to rebalance the load once and restart the spin.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
For the two of us full-timing, we go to the local laundromat and do 2 weeks worth of laundry in 2 hours. Over and done with instead of having to do 4 loads everyday and then having the stuff come out all wrinkled.

My wife does use the Splendide for her hand washables through the spin cycle and somethings she will also dry them.

I have used the W/D once or twice when I have run out of undergarments or socks, but for the large stuff it all goes to the laundromats.

We have picked out our favorites from Alaska to Florida and will use them if in the area otherwise if we are spending any length of time in one place I will scope out the best one to use.

I like the front-load washers which are huge where we can do everything in one load.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
X2 ... and we also use the campground washer/dryers.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We have not used our Spendid combo for bedding, but thanks to this thread now know how. We do use it when out for more than a long weekend, for drying things that got wet, and after the occasional accident.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by paz View Post
We have a Splendide 2000S w/d combo. DW washes queen sheets in 2 loads - top sheet and 1 pillow case in one load, bottom sheet and second pillow case in another load. When the weather is nice and the campground allows it, she dries them outside.

Queen mattress cover is too big for our Splendide, but a twin would probably be OK. The newer Splendide models have a larger capacity, but I still don't know if it would be enough for a queen cover.
paz
When I asked my wife the OP's question her answer was exactly the same!
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote