Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2017, 12:53 AM   #1

Dometic 8700 Macerator Toilet issue

On our bath and a half coach the front half bath toilet is having issues I haven't been able to solve as yet. The green power light is supposed to be solid green when power applied and in standby mode. It is now blinking on and off. Along with this condition, the "full" light is on, except not in the usual red, but is yellow-orange in color. In the above condition the toilet will not flush. However, when I switch off the 12V coach power and then back on, the toilet will operate, once.
While this is going on the main rear bathroom toilet is functioning just fine, as there is very little water, etc in the tank. There is only one full tank sensor that is paralleled between the two units, so the sensor would seem to be clear and in a normal operative mode. Anyone have any ideas?

I have already talked with a tech from the area supplier, Marine Sanitation, and he hasn't been much help, only reading from the (very small) manual, which I already have.
capnqball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2017, 02:39 AM   #2

Try a hard reset......
Disconnect 12V DC power
Disconnect control module

Reconnect in Reverse order

If still blinking and full light on.
New control module
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, dometic, toilet