RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-06-2017, 07:41 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
Dometic Blizzard NXT 15k Dual zone system doesn't see second zone

I have the Dometic Blizzard NTX 15k as the primary zone in a 2 zone system in a Keystone Alpine 3900RE 5th wheel. Zone 2 is a 13.5k unit (AC only). The thermostat is the CCC2 that it should have (it is a new unit) but it is not communicating with zone 2. Never shows up as even existing on the thermostat. I have reinitialized it and completely killed 12 v to the system to force it to reboot. I have checked the dip switches on each control module, and according to the owner's manual, they were not correct so I readdressed them to what the manual said they should be. Primary unit became zone 2 and the secondary still didn't exist. I have been looking for something to be able to see if the communication cables are hooked up correctly but have been unsuccessful. Anybody have any experience like this or any suggestions?
__________________

Nu2FullTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2FullTime View Post
I have the Dometic Blizzard NTX 15k as the primary zone in a 2 zone system in a Keystone Alpine 3900RE 5th wheel. Zone 2 is a 13.5k unit (AC only). The thermostat is the CCC2 that it should have (it is a new unit) but it is not communicating with zone 2. Never shows up as even existing on the thermostat. I have reinitialized it and completely killed 12 v to the system to force it to reboot. I have checked the dip switches on each control module, and according to the owner's manual, they were not correct so I readdressed them to what the manual said they should be. Primary unit became zone 2 and the secondary still didn't exist. I have been looking for something to be able to see if the communication cables are hooked up correctly but have been unsuccessful. Anybody have any experience like this or any suggestions?
Typically, the communication cable goes from the thermostat to unit 1 controller, then from unit 1 controller to unit 2 controller. If unit 1 (regardless of whether it is assigned as 1 or 2) works ok, the cable is good to unit 1. You will need to check the cable from unit 1 to unit 2. The cable from unit 1 to unit 2 carries 12vdc, ground, and 2 signal wires.

As for the dip switches, there is no switch for zone 1 .... it is the default when zone 2,3, and 4 switches are OFF. So zone 1 would have 2,3, and 4 OFF and zone 2 would have 2 ON and 3 and 4 OFF. Note that the top dipswitch is "External Stage" the 2nd switch from the top is Zone 2, 3rd is Zone 3, and 4th is Zone 4.

I have the installation manual that I can send to your email if you want.
__________________

__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:34 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 8
That would be wonderful, and very much appreciated. We are leaving Oregon on Wed, 6/7, will be in Oklahoma City 6/13 and Panama City, FL 6/16. Would like to have the AC working! Thank you so much.
Nu2FullTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu2FullTime View Post
That would be wonderful, and very much appreciated. We are leaving Oregon on Wed, 6/7, will be in Oklahoma City 6/13 and Panama City, FL 6/16. Would like to have the AC working! Thank you so much.
I sent you a private message on this forum. Reply via private message with your email addy and I'll send the manual. It's in PDF format. I'll send a few other related diagnostic docs also.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brad Felmey's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wherever we're parked
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
I have the installation manual that I can send to your email if you want.
If I asked very, very nicely, might I also have that installation manual? I just retrofitted a pair of Blizzard NXTs and a CCC 2 to my Dutch Star, but I can't find any dip switches for love nor money, and certainly not any documentation. I can get the primary Zone 1 unit to come on, but the Zone 2 one just won't.

brad@bradfelmey.net

Thank you
__________________
Brad Felmey
Non-Retired Full-Timer
2018 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:14 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
If I asked very, very nicely, might I also have that installation manual? I just retrofitted a pair of Blizzard NXTs and a CCC 2 to my Dutch Star, but I can't find any dip switches for love nor money, and certainly not any documentation. I can get the primary Zone 1 unit to come on, but the Zone 2 one just won't.

brad@bradfelmey.net

Thank you
Hey Brad, manuals are on the way. I don't have a Blizzard but my Brisk II has the control box inside the foam shroud and on the passenger side. On mine, you have to remove the top half of the nylon cover, then remove the top half of the foam shroud and move the control box up, take the small metal cover off, and then you can get to the switches. I think the top switch is "Stage" (not used) and the 2nd switch is zone 2. If switch 2, 3 , and 4 are off, it defaults to zone 1.
__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:19 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Brad Felmey's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Wherever we're parked
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
Hey Brad, manuals are on the way. I don't have a Blizzard but my Brisk II has the control box inside the foam shroud and on the passenger side. On mine, you have to remove the top half of the nylon cover, then remove the top half of the foam shroud and move the control box up, take the small metal cover off, and then you can get to the switches. I think the top switch is "Stage" (not used) and the 2nd switch is zone 2. If switch 2, 3 , and 4 are off, it defaults to zone 1.
Thank you again! The Blizzard NXT Installation Manual was exactly what I needed to get the switches set appropriately. All is well!
__________________
Brad Felmey
Non-Retired Full-Timer
2018 Tiffin Allegro RED 33AA
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bruceisla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Foley AL
Posts: 7,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Thank you again! The Blizzard NXT Installation Manual was exactly what I needed to get the switches set appropriately. All is well!

__________________

__________________
2005 Newmar Essex 4502, 2013 Caddy SRX
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dometic



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Dometic Blizzard NXT Part Numbers: Totally Lost Here Brad Felmey RV Systems & Appliances 8 06-11-2018 12:37 PM
Dometic "Blizzard NXT" roof AC Vanwill Monaco Owner's Forum 40 01-06-2017 07:23 PM
Blizzard NXT vs. Penguin II 777 Driver RV Systems & Appliances 2 07-06-2016 11:57 AM
Dometic Blizzard NXT?? lass iRV2.com General Discussion 6 06-24-2016 10:12 AM
Failure of Dometic Penguin 15k A/C's Harm Newmar Owner's Forum 11 09-03-2009 04:04 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×