RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I've had this happen the past 4-nites straight...

When we go to bed at nite, I set the rear-AC on 57* cool with fan on high (we like to sleep cold). Sometime during the nite, the fan will go to low-speed all by itself. If I get up and cycle the SPEED switch thru its settings several times, it will most likely go back to high-speed, but then will drop back to low again sometime later in the night (And I get to do it all over again). It is NOT in the auto-fan position, and the compressor sounds like it's working normally. The front unit has never done this.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2007, 05:15 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I've had this happen the past 4-nites straight...

When we go to bed at nite, I set the rear-AC on 57* cool with fan on high (we like to sleep cold). Sometime during the nite, the fan will go to low-speed all by itself. If I get up and cycle the SPEED switch thru its settings several times, it will most likely go back to high-speed, but then will drop back to low again sometime later in the night (And I get to do it all over again). It is NOT in the auto-fan position, and the compressor sounds like it's working normally. The front unit has never done this.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ron, when this has occured did you take noice if the evaporator coil was frosted over? Look next time to see. It may be a default setting in the control board. If you will provide me with the model & production #'s I will see if I can get a better understanding in the service maual.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike -

Thanks for the reply.

I'd thought of it freezing-up, but we're in Denver with <20% humidity so I discounted it. I'll take a look when it does it again, based on your thought (gonna have to wake the boss, though). I did reset the controller last nite, thinking maybe it got confused once in a while. Nope, same thing.

AC is a Dometic 630035.321, I hope that's the right number.

Thanks in advance!
Ron

Old 08-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ron, I have downloaded the service manual but have not had a chance to look up the possible cause of your problem yet. I have not forgotten about you and I will try to get some time to do this today. Will get back to you soon.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ron if you have the Comfort Control Center thermostat and it is controlling both thermostats, I think you may have a bad thermostat. There two ways to verify this, one is to replace the thermostat; the other is to check the control voltages on the board coming from the thermostat. I do not see any other probable causes from the service manual. One thing you could try would be to use some electrical contact cleaner on the thermostat board. Be sure to use one that is safe for plastics.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Mike -

Thanks for checking on this for me.

Yes, I have the single controller for both AC's. Is the manual a service-personnel-only product or is it available to us 'unwashed' masses? You mentioned checking the voltages, what and where?

Is it possible to swap the AC control wiring to the units to see if the problem follows? I can't seem to get your comment out of my head that it 'may' be freezing-up a bit and just doing what's normal.

Many thanks!
Ron

Old 08-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Ron if you will send me a private message (just click on my user name) and invite me to a PM and send me your email address. I will see if I can send you the service manual in a pdf file. You can check the voltage at the control board on the roof unit once you get the service manual it will make more sense.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:34 PM   #9

You may download either the specific service manual or the complete service manual covering all Dometic A/C, and heat pump units from Bryant RV.
The link is also in the sticky RV Wizard created at the top of this forum.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks RV Wizard and Ray,IN, for the assistance.

Sometimes we just can't see the forest (or in this case, the tech manual) for the trees.

Ron