Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #1

Dometic RM3962 PC Board Replacement

Hi Everybody,

I recently found a short in my Dometic PC Board. (It was not switching from LPG to electric). Dometic says the board they sent was a direct replacement but, I really don't think so.

Take a look at the board that was sent compared to the old board and enlighten me, please. I would like to know if I need to contact my local RV service center to replace the "replacement" or not.

Puh-leeze... no talk about getting a replacement domestic refer.... I boon-dock frequently and don't have the luxury of running a generator 24/7. Adding solar panels (and an inverter) this winter to help but, not considering a replacement to my Dometic until out of warranty.

Still love my Suh-Weet but, disappointed with Dometic.

01zeosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
That might be a updated version what do the instructions say to do on installing it I have not seen this one.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightriderrv View Post
That might be a updated version what do the instructions say to do on installing it I have not seen this one.
Instructions????? The board comes with instructions????? That's my problem, nightriderrv. Just got a box in the mail with the pc board in a ziplock bag.

When you look at the two boards, the original has 11 lines that get connected and the replacement board has 7. I labelled the 11 line connections (and the new/old PC boards are labelled) but, it just doesn't look correct and I don't know if there are connections that get spliced together and which ones those might be. <sigh>....

In the mean time my frig is dead in the water. Good thing I'm home for a couple of weeks. I'm going to surf to see if there are instructions for the old to new board.
01zeosix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, replacement