Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2018, 03:53 PM   #1

Dometic thermostat replacement.

Has anyone replaced their Dometic Thermostat. If so with what?
Mine is a 3 wire single zone unit.

It seems to want to do its on thing, switch from Fahrenheit to Celsius, go from 70 to 80 degrees, switch from heat to cool to heat to cool to off, to cool to heat to off.
The problem itself is not the thermostat, is it the foam behind the buttons on the touch control. Mechanically it works fine, except when the cover is on, and you have to change the settings by taking the cover off, and touching the pin the buttons are over, but you can't put the cover back on, or it loses its mine. I ended up taking the foam pieces out of the cover, behind touch buttons.
I am thinking I should not have to do that.
Will be calling Dometic about it Monday, but I think i will likely have to buy a new thermostat, and it will not be a Dometic thrermostat
IamJerryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Tags
ace, dometic, replace, replacement, thermostat