Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Question Door Lock RM7732 Elite

Anyone have any idea where I could find one of these door locks for my Dometic RM7732 Elite. The doors are side by side and the lock extends down from the top. I've searched everywhere, and I called Dometic (great people and they tried to find one). No Luck. Used would be fine, also.
Thanks

Name:   2932745017.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  5.6 KB
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2015, 10:49 AM   #2

I know you posted this a long time ago, but I ran across it while I was searching for the same part. I eventually found the part and wanted to pass the info along to you just in case you were still looking . Go to the website below and enter this part number: 2932745017

rvdealership.com
Old 07-28-2017, 05:42 PM   #3

Just wanted to let you know of a place called Hobson RV Service in Elkhart, IN. They have MANY older hard to find parts for Dometic and others too! I know for a fact they have this Door Lock for the RM7732 IN STOCK which you are looking for. Check out their website at www.hobsonrv.com for this and many other hard to find "obsolete" RV appliance parts. They are just adding their shopping cart so new items are being added frequently. If you dont find what you are looking for send them an email or give them a call and they will get back with you. Keep in mind this is a small RV Appliance Sales and Service shop if they dont answer leave a message. He will get back to you as soon as possible. Happy RVing!!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
kkgirl, thanks for the tip on this part. I have actually been looking for this door lock since Sept. 2013. Many dead ends until you suggested Hobson RV. I contacted them via email and they did in fact, as you mentioned, have one. I purchased it online and received it today. I received a timely response from Hobson RV about my inquiry. I purchased it and I received it in the mail today. Very pleased with this entire process with Hobson RV. Thanks to the forum and to you for helping locate this lock.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #5

Ordered mine last night, shipped this morning !!
Waiting to get it
Old 09-05-2020, 06:50 PM   #6

RM 7732 door lock

The door lock on my RM 7732 Dometic refrigerator broke. The part is obsolete and I cannot find it new or used. Part number of the lock is 293 274 5017.

Does anyone have a part that they would be willing to 3D scan and send me the file? Maybe then I can make a part out of a 3D printer.

Thanks,
Mark

Name:   Door latch 2932745017.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  5.6 KB
Old 11-16-2020, 11:41 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Just ordered from here tonight. I'll see if it works out:

https://www.ewebtripp.com/dometic-rm...7-p-305561.htm
Old 11-19-2020, 04:28 PM   #8

Replacement part

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

I got excited when I found this e-commerce site with the part I was looking for. I ordered the part but got concerned when there was no follow up order confirmation. I didn't receive the part. No response to my email to their customer service email address.

I had to open up a credit card dispute to get my money back. It took a couple of months to get the credit card to reverse the charge.
Old 11-19-2020, 05:43 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
https://hobsonrv.com/shop/ols/produc...45017-in-stock

One left.
Old 11-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msochan View Post
I hate to be the bearer of bad news...

I got excited when I found this e-commerce site with the part I was looking for. I ordered the part but got concerned when there was no follow up order confirmation. I didn't receive the part. No response to my email to their customer service email address.

I had to open up a credit card dispute to get my money back. It took a couple of months to get the credit card to reverse the charge.
I'm starting to get that feeling too...as their customer support email has changed twice since the 17th. Well, looks like I'll draft the part up, and 3D print it. I'll share the design once done. Time to do some tweaks to make it a bit stronger too!
Old 11-20-2020, 01:08 PM   #11

3D drawing

Please send me the 3D drawing when you finish it. I was thinking if someone had the broken parts glued together, you could scan it and get a very accurate 3D print. Unfortunately I through away part of the broken plastic thinking it would be easy to buy a replacement piece. Boy was I wrong!
Old 11-20-2020, 09:30 PM   #12

It's not a scan, but rebuilt with a caliper! It looks like mine has been broken more than once and glued back together more than once. I'm doing a few design tweaks that should help keep it from breaking as easy as it seems to be. But the plastic used to print it, I'm not sure yet, unless you have a good idea!

I'm also toying with a full redesign in my head (more of a tube and barrel style) but for now, this part. It will print out in 4 parts: the left half, locking slide part, right half, and a support bracket in the center. This way the printer can do the part and trying to assemble it wont break it into 1000 pieces. But also if a part breaks, then you can just print off "that" part.

Some of the tweaks are 1mm thicker walls on the side, no middle claspy part, but 3x 1mm ribbs on the rails on each side to hold it in the lock and unlock modes, a thicker center for the slide lock, ect. All of this is taking place within the same dimensions of the OEM version so there should not be any fitment issues.

I started last night and I'm about 65% done modeling it.
Old 11-21-2020, 03:52 AM   #13

About 90% done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	95
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	308763  
Old 11-21-2020, 12:10 PM   #14

3D file

I would love to have the 3D file also when you get it done. My nephew just built a new 3d printer and said if I got him the file he would print one for me. I'm just not that computer savvy to be able to create the 3D file he would need especially without my part. When it broke I tossed it not knowing how hard it would be to find a replacement.
Closed Thread

Tags
door