Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > RV Systems & Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcussen View Post
115 gray and 56 gal black.
Yup , somewhat standard for the Brand... & gotta love the 112 freshwater capacities..
The new ones have 135 fresh and 145 black/gray combined in a single tank configuration.
The new iC-37 has
Fresh Water: 122 Gallons
Holding Tank: 130 Gallons
Fuel: 150 Gallons
DEF: 15 Gallons
not too bad for a short (37') coach.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2019, 11:55 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I've done exactly what you want to do without any problems. I used a commercial grade 3/4 inch hose.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:02 PM   #17

Ideally the waste should enter the tank through the appropriate inlet so as not to disturb the layer of scum on top. Chemicals may clog and eventually destroy a drain field. Human waste and white toilet paper are all that should enter the tank. Since solids settle to the bottom and fluids rise above, a non-macerated product would expedite the separation process.

Adding 40-60 gallons of black matter to a 1000+ gallon tank should not create a problem if done properly. Many people on septic systems have some land. Personally, I’d cut the grey tank loose somewhere else on the property and hose it down a bit when done. It’s mostly water and some soap.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:41 PM   #18

4 adults get up for Church, Sunday morning. They all take showers, brush their teeth and use the non masserator toilet, in a two bathroom house. Before they leave, the washing machine and dishwasher are started.

If your septic system can handle that, why would you worry about 75 gallons of the same water being pumped in ?
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Driver View Post
Hi,

Are there any issues with dumping to a home septic system? NO Do different types of chemicals need to be used? - NO

Our septic is about 150 feet away and about 10-15 ft uphill from the coach, can a macerator pump be used? - I've used one on more uphill slope with no issue - make sure you have plenty of Water as solids are not as easy.
Thanks,

I try to stay out of these sort of Funny Posts but - Did any of you know that the amount of septic calculated for the average house per day is over 240 gallons or 80 gallons per person.

So how do you think the system has been, with you gone for a week or more, - it is Starving for your Black Tank . Dump away - the tank wants it.

After 30 years in the Sewer Business - more lines than tanks - an 20 years in the development and home building business I can tell you it is Fine.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
I try to stay out of these sort of Funny Posts but - Did any of you know that the amount of septic calculated for the average house per day is over 240 gallons or 80 gallons per person.

So how do you think the system has been, with you gone for a week or more, - it is Starving for your Black Tank . Dump away - the tank wants it.

After 30 years in the Sewer Business - more lines than tanks - an 20 years in the development and home building business I can tell you it is Fine.

JMHO,
same thing I said. your tanks are designed for x amount each day. if you're gone for a weekend or week, you have a bank of water built up that you can put in there. its when youre dumping a ton of water in there while living there like i did when i flushed my tanks at the beginning of this season.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:45 PM   #21

The parks you/we go to are not in the city, so where do you think the dump station goes to? A septic system.

Bombs away. Your fine.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:53 PM   #22

31 years ago when we built our house in the county we had a 4” clean out fitting installed close to where we park the RV. County OKed the septic system plumbing including the clean out fitting labeled on the house plan as a RV dump!
Been dumping all the tanks there for 31 years. 80g FW, 50g each gray and black waste tanks.

Had the septic system pumped after 19 years and then again after 10 years. The pump out company said that the 1000g septic tank was only about 1/2 full of solids.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:32 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStough View Post
I would say that dumping 100+ gallons of waste into a septic system all at once would be a bad idea.
The septic installer I used says the system doesn't care if you dump several hundred gallons in.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #24

Me too

I have a clean out by the RV parking spot too. I try to dump when we are at the last campsite before heading home. When we get home there is not much in there. I dump. I fill the tanks about half way put some organic cleaner in and go fill the gas tank, run some errands, then come home and dump and flush. 10 year old septic systems with no problems.
jerryd151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
5+ years of doing it with zero problems
Old 05-22-2019, 07:29 AM   #26

I'll join the group that dumps into home septic system when returning from a trip. Ours is downhill though so just gravity line. Have not had any problem but don't typically dump full tanks, just last day or two of travels. I'd be hesitant to dump hundreds of gallons at a time, although I think the only problem that would cause is pushing solids out of first chamber into second before they were broken down.
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:34 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
4 adults get up for Church, Sunday morning. They all take showers, brush their teeth and use the non masserator toilet, in a two bathroom house. Before they leave, the washing machine and dishwasher are started.

If your septic system can handle that, why would you worry about 75 gallons of the same water being pumped in ?
Well said! Some people look too hard for things to worry about.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #28
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I have full hookups a my S&B home. I've been dumping black and gray water into my septic system for 11 years without issue. But, it's only when I return from snow birding in the spring where there's only been a few days "use" or returning from a short trip during the 2 weeks of summer in Montana. I use no chemicals in either holding tank.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote